• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 10: Escaldes-Engordany → Revel (197km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Leffe_Bruin said:
Can someone confirm GvA is also in the break? There were reports of him chasing:

14:18:15 CEST
Sylvain Chavanel (Direct Energie) and former yellow jersey Greg Van Avermaet (BMC) are also trying to get across to the break of the day. They know it could stay away.

CARUSO, Damiano (BMC), LANDA MEANA, Mikel (SKY), NIBALI, Vincenzo (AST), IMPEY, Daryl (OBE), COSTA, Rui Alberto (LAM), VAN AVERMAET, Greg (BMC), CHAVANEL, Sylvain (DEN), IZAGIRRE INSAUSTI, Gorka (MOV), GALLOPIN, Tony (LTS), SAGAN, Peter (TNK)

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Apparently this is the break: (6:00 mins +)

Impey, Durbridge, Matthews, Sagan, EBH, Cummings, Nibali, Landa, G. Izagirre, S. Dumoulin, S. Chavanel, D. Caruso, GvA, Rui Costa and Gallopin

Re: Re:

vedrafjord said:
perico said:
Contador rode around all week with 2 broken bones in his legs before stage 9 abandonment.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/contador-lesionado-no-estara-en-los-juegos-olimpicos-12-07-2016

I'm going on Google Translate, but 'fibrillar breaks' would mean pulled tendons or ligaments, not broken bones.

I don't have translate on my iPad, and Spanish is not good (despite my long held preference for Spanish climbers) so I'm going by the reports of others.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

doperhopper said:
CheckMyPecs said:
perico said:
Contador rode around all week with 2 broken bones in his legs before stage 9 abandonment.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/contador-lesionado-no-estara-en-los-juegos-olimpicos-12-07-2016
That's not what the link says.

translator suggests it's a muscular injury (4 weeks out)

The tests, said Dr. Manuel laws mean that has multiple bruises and two fibrillar breaks, affecting the quadriceps and the calf of his leg.
Thanks

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

El Pistolero said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Sagan/Cummings odds-on favourites. Rui Costa perhaps. The rest can only win if the stars align.

Since when is Cummings better than Greg van Avermaet?

Best does not equal best chance of winning the stage, especially from breaks ehh.. but yea GVA should be equal close favourite.

TRENDING THREADS