• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 11: Carcassonne → Montpellier (163km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jsem94 said:
Lance Armstrong said:
Borefest. Once again they forgot the golden rule of all flat stages: No matter how long it is, it should have been 50 km shorter.
No. Long stages = more fatigue = more attrition when it comes to hard stages. So you want the GTs to be 500km shorter?

All the debate about longer stages = lesser actions has been complete nonsense. A flat stage, without wind or other obstacles, will always end in a sprint, 150 km or 250 km. The only difference being that he will get into the transmission 100 km later. However, you could definitely shorten some of the flat stages in week one but that would require making the medium mountain stages and high mountain stages longer which wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Which teams do you think have the power and the will to split the peloton? (if it's windy enough ofc)

My best guess would be Quickstep - They could secure the stage victory for Kittel and maybe Dan Martin could gain some time on the other GC riders.

Gigs_98 said:
I beg for crosswinds. It's stage 11 and until now nothing epic happened so it really is about time. :mad:
Stelvio said:
Well.. the weather forecast is for winds of ~30 kph, with gusts up to 60 kph. From the northwest. Plenty of exposed roads.
This could be fun.
Yeah, I'm praying for crosswinds too.
If not, we're going to have a boring stage.
However, it should be Coquard's day finally, that guy and his team deserve a victory (although I'd like to see winngin someone else:)).

TRENDING THREADS