• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
LOL I remember how I loved to see Sky getting demolished at the Giro and classics. Now Froome deserves all the respect and praise, Sky won a monument, and Ettix without Tom look like nothing more than a bunch of useless bots.

Look at them. Just look at them. Please God, put Tony on another team. They are ruining him.

One thing is certain: Kittel has more chance of wiining today on Ventoux than against Sagan on any race where both put their faces on the wind.

My Eurosport showed literally less than a minute of cycling in between ad breaks. I've always wondered this: do they have a quota per show or hour, and if it's boring they take the piss and just have three ad breaks in 20 minutes, and then none for the next 40?

Re:

MacBAir said:
LOL I remember how I loved to see Sky getting demolished at the Giro and classics. Now Froome deserves all the respect and praise, Sky won a monument, and Ettix without Tom look like nothing more than a bunch of useless bots.

Look at them. Just look at them. Please God, put Tony on another team. They are ruining him.

One thing is certain: Kittel has more chance of wiining today on Ventoux than against Sagan on any race where both put their faces on the wind.
What are you talking about? :confused:

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
My Eurosport showed literally less than a minute of cycling in between ad breaks. I've always wondered this: do they have a quota per show or hour, and if it's boring they take the piss and just have three ad breaks in 20 minutes, and then none for the next 40?

ITV4 have to take a certain number of breaks per hour, and always try to fit them in when nothing is happening. The definition of 'Nothing happening' is of course subjective.

So, can the break stay away? If so, and a French Rider doesn't win, the French Press will be wanting blood.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
MacBAir said:

What are you talking about? :confused:
It seems obvious. That a "rider" like Kittel has more chance of winning a stage against Froome than a stage against true racers like Sagan, if both have to put their faces on the wind and actually EARN it and make races.

It's a jab at Kittel being a pathetic wheelsucker and nothing more, and Ettix being nothing without Tom. They used to make races.

At least today they are trying.

Re: Re:

Davesta said:
deValtos said:
Can someone explain why when there is a big race going on they are showing pictures of architecture and landscapes ...

I want to see the damn race !

The race is funded mainly by towns along the race route, and so the TV coverage needs to show certain landmarks along the way in order to satisfy the local tourist boards.
The race is all one big promotional show, after all...

Sucks when they show promotional stuff when the action is on though, I agree...

Can't agree. It's more than that. The very origins of the race and the tradition is why they like to show off the landscape. This is a race that was set up to show off France as a tourist attraction. The odd shot of the mountains or church or castle does enhance the viewing of the race. We don't miss anything important. Long may it con