• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Gloin22 said:
SantiBotero said:
Matteo. said:
Without neutralization sky and bmc must retire

That would be pathetic. This is cycling and road incidents happen all the time.

A fan falling because Tour couldn't deal with overcrowding? Well, I don't think so.
No no no no. It has nothing to do with the Tour, it has everything to do with a bunch of pathetic spectators. They are the ones that must pay. Stop finding excuses for these animals.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
If they are going to completely neutralize it I'm going to be bonkers mad. Mollema would be **** hard
It was a great ride by Mollema - it looked like he was comfotably following that Porte attack as well. He has a shot at the overall here with that kind of form. Imagine what he'll be able to do next year with Contador as a domestique for him!

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Unfurtunate but this is cycling, Contador crashed and got ill without that they would all be fighting for 2 and 3 place anyway. Sometimes cycling can be cruel like that so obvious results should stand. Its better to loose a 1.30 min on something like this rather than getting so injured your forced to abandon.

I am just sort of breezing through the thread and the live feed, contador is out, no real challenge for the full genius farce that is sky/froome, most likely will delete it off the dvr without watching anything but the end,

And then BOOM....people are talking about Froome sprinting up Ventoux without a bicycle.... sad, pathetic and uproariously funny all at the same time.

hurrying home to watch asap

RattaKuningas said:
patrick767 said:
Are you freaking kidding me? A moto takes out the on the attack yellow jersey on a critical summit finish? Get the damn motos off the roads! Enough of this crap. What a farce!

Just get more barriers. Without TV pictures there isnt going to be any racing (sponsors).

I know, I know...
Is it practical to get barriers set up for a couple kilometers at the end of the stage? That's a lot of barriers. They could make the road rules for motos more strict too. Increase their lead/follow distance.

My fear initially -- before they replayed the incident -- was that Froome's bike had been stolen by a spectator. I couldn't imagine that it had been damaged beyond use in a slow-speed uphill tangle. But I'm glad that it wasn't anything that scandalous.

I was watching a French feed and the commentators kept saying "surrealisme." :sad:

rune1107 said:
DRtm said:
BigMac said:
rune1107 said:
Bjarne Riis saying in Danish broadcast, that this is the funniest he has ever seen. God he must hate Froome!

What an utter douchecanoe!

I'm so mad!

In the defence of Riis and for the sake of full disclosure:

Riis started out by saying it was completely unacceptable, a disgrace and something needed to be done. He then proceeded to say that Froome running looked funny.

He started out by saying that it looked really funny. Then he said it was a disgrace
Tbf, it was pretty funny. Especially before we knew the context and just saw Froome running up the climb. Obviously, after seeing the crash and circumstances, it's not so funny.

Re:

The Death Merchant said:
Awesome! Now Froome must go full mutant to take the yellow. This is great for the race and will show how fast Froome can actually ride. He can't just take it easy and hang on with the other GC contenders, like he would have done if today hadn't happened. The best thing to happen to this year's Tour.

I get where you're coming from, but seeing a yellow jersey having to run up one of the tours most famous and historical mountains because the fans couldn't behave isn't a great look

Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
I'm in tears of laughter

f8a318384bdd8c9c7f2516e937a46668.gif

Thank you. I like Froome but :lol:!

He could do well as a distance runner.

yetanothergreenworld said:
My fear initially -- before they replayed the incident -- was that Froome's bike had been stolen by a spectator. I couldn't imagine that it had been damaged beyond use in a slow-speed uphill tangle. But I'm glad that it wasn't anything that scandalous.

I was watching a French feed and the commentators kept saying "surrealisme." :sad:

my GF asked me if froomes bike was stolen under him but he didnt notice :lol:

TRENDING THREADS