• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DRtm said:
BigMac said:
rune1107 said:
Bjarne Riis saying in Danish broadcast, that this is the funniest he has ever seen. God he must hate Froome!

What an utter douchecanoe!

I'm so mad!

In the defence of Riis and for the sake of full disclosure:

Riis started out by saying it was completely unacceptable, a disgrace and something needed to be done. He then proceeded to say that Froome running looked funny.
Riis is right on. This situation is hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.

Velolover2 said:
Pantani Attacks said:
I'm in tears of laughter

f8a318384bdd8c9c7f2516e937a46668.gif

Thank you. I like Froome but :lol:!

He could do well as a distance runner.

Ironman / Triathlon
with a swimming coach onboard!

Re:

geargbest said:
Unfurtunate but this is cycling, Contador crashed and got ill without that they would all be fighting for 2 and 3 place anyway. Sometimes cycling can be cruel like that so obvious results should stand. Its better to loose a 1.30 min on something like this rather than getting so injured your forced to abandon.

This is NOT cycling. STOP pretending this is within the realm of what's considered normal in the sport. A drunkard causing this crap has as much to do with cycling as a sniper in the stands of a stadium shooting players has got to do with football.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Yes, this was a disgrace but come on, it was the most hilarious pictures! Bjarne Riis even said "This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen".
How sad, to find something so idiotic so amusing you guys have gone way down in my estimation

MacBAir said:
No no no no. It has nothing to do with the Tour, it has everything to do with a bunch of pathetic spectators. They are the ones that must pay. Stop finding excuses for these animals.

Posted the poster from the comfort of his cubicle/basement/house.

This isn't going to materially effect the outcome in Paris. Your podium was set before the incident, Froome, Porte, Yates.

Stuff like this happens. It's unfortunate, but, part of the spectacle.

I might have the quoting wrong.

DRtm said:
rune1107 said:
DRtm said:
BigMac said:
rune1107 said:
Bjarne Riis saying in Danish broadcast, that this is the funniest he has ever seen. God he must hate Froome!

What an utter douchecanoe!

I'm so mad!

In the defence of Riis and for the sake of full disclosure:

Riis started out by saying it was completely unacceptable, a disgrace and something needed to be done. He then proceeded to say that Froome running looked funny.

He started out by saying that it looked really funny. Then he said it was a disgrace

He said that it was unacceptable both before and after. Painting his statement as anti-Froome or some Froome hate is dishonest.

Yeah out of context it would be unacceptable. But reading the context he's correct.

It was totally unacceptable, and if this is where Froome loses the Tour it will be forever tarnished.

However in isolation, it was funny, there's just no denying that. The yellow jersey, running up the Ventoux in cycling shoes, it's just a funny image.

Just hope this doesn't end up being where the tour is decided.

TRENDING THREADS