• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
geargbest said:
Unfurtunate but this is cycling, Contador crashed and got ill without that they would all be fighting for 2 and 3 place anyway. Sometimes cycling can be cruel like that so obvious results should stand. Its better to loose a 1.30 min on something like this rather than getting so injured your forced to abandon.

This is NOT cycling. STOP pretending this is within the realm of what's considered normal in the sport. A drunkard causing this crap has as much to do with cycling as a sniper in the stands of a stadium shooting players has got to do with football.
Well said.

Re:

Fight.The.Power said:
They don't need barriers, they just need more people controlling these idiots. They need to arrest some f u c k w I t s to make a point.
Tought talk, but where are they going to keep these arrested fans while the race is going on? The police can't move from their dedicated spot - basically just a traffic cone witha whistle. You literally can't control kilometres of road with police when fans are 5 deep on both sides. They needed barriers today, or should have been turning fans away from yesterday when the route change was made.

arvc40 said:
dacooley said:
arvc40 said:
Results and rules should stand !
lol yeah, if bertie abandoned, let's cheer against froome, right? ;)

Not atall. I'm completely neutral. If you change or try to judge the results I think you ruin the race just as much as the incident.

You don't sound like a hater but your opinion, in a way, is disgraceful (sorry about my harsh words)

Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
I'm in tears of laughter

f8a318384bdd8c9c7f2516e937a46668.gif

I don't this qualifies as a marginal gain.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

BigMac said:
geargbest said:
Unfurtunate but this is cycling, Contador crashed and got ill without that they would all be fighting for 2 and 3 place anyway. Sometimes cycling can be cruel like that so obvious results should stand. Its better to loose a 1.30 min on something like this rather than getting so injured your forced to abandon.

This is NOT cycling. STOP pretending this is within the realm of what's considered normal in the sport. A drunkard causing this crap has as much to do with cycling as a sniper in the stands of a stadium shooting players has got to do with football.
Ale-***-luia! Anyone trying to find excuses for these animals, wishing bad luck to Froome after his performances and so on shouldn't have a place to voice their opinions.

BigMac said:
geargbest said:

This. This is terrible for the sport of cycling on its showpiece stage. Terrible.

so is it safe to assume that at the tdf, regardless of who's bike it is, you still need to cross the finish line on an approved bicycle? not on foot.

And he couldn't just grab a spectator's bicycle laying on the side of the road and start pedaling for the line? Please tell me these assumptions are valid

Froome running up a hill sure is funny, but not the way it happened today. This is just sad and completely wrong.
They really need to reconsider the way to handle the crowd on mountains.

They should give gc times of 3km, but then mollema wasnt with Porte and Froome yet so that's crap as well.

It's all crap that's for sure.

TRENDING THREADS