2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (38km)

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

lenric said:
ILovecycling said:
Quintana is 3 minutes behind, anybody knows what was the gap in 2015 at this stage of the race?
Until stage 18, he was 3'10 behind. But it had no ITT. This time there will be another ITT. Barring crashes/mechanicals, Quintana's ****.
He will be way less affected by the next TT, though. Anyways, barring crashes/mechanicals, it's irrelevant. Even without a TT, Froome is on better form and currently the better climber. Even if Quintana gets his usual 3rd week form, even without a TT, I cant imagine him pulling 3 minutes off Froome
 
Re: Re:

Big Doopie said:
movingtarget said:
Nice rides by Yates and Mollema. Disappointing for Porte and TJVG and Quintana. Looks done and dusted for another year. The next TT should be very interesting for the podium battle.
well, tjvg is a mere 34" off the podium after simply following wheels for two weeks.

i don't expect him to make it as he will bleed time in the mountains, but...
Yates may not hold on in the third week. Mollema probably has more chance of doing a strong third week but Yates is looking very good for the future.
 
i love the way valverde "works" for quintana.

when he attacks it's never full force, he is always looking back and keeping stuff in reserve. he never burns himself out, always saves himself so that he can hook back on and recover easily when they catch him. and sky knows that so they never have to burn themselves chasing him.

valverde is aiming for the podium while "faking" at helping quintana just like he did last year.
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
Re: Re:

lenric said:
ILovecycling said:
Quintana is 3 minutes behind, anybody knows what was the gap in 2015 at this stage of the race?
Until stage 18, he was 3'10 behind. But it had no ITT. This time there will be another ITT. Barring crashes/mechanicals, Quintana's ****.
Its a MTT, if he is good he can actually gain time
But there is the big IF from the first line
 
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
lenric said:
ILovecycling said:
Quintana is 3 minutes behind, anybody knows what was the gap in 2015 at this stage of the race?
Until stage 18, he was 3'10 behind. But it had no ITT. This time there will be another ITT. Barring crashes/mechanicals, Quintana's ****.
Its a MTT, if he is good he can actually gain time
But there is the big IF from the first line
Yeah Froome is excellent at setting a high pace on a mountain.
 
Re:

Big Doopie said:
i love the way valverde "works" for quintana.

when he attacks it's never full force, he is always looking back and keeping stuff in reserve. he never burns himself out, always saves himself so that he can hook back on and recover easily when they catch him. and sky knows that so they never have to burn themselves chasing him.

valverde is aiming for the podium while "faking" at helping quintana just like he did last year.
And his TT has improved with age !
 
Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Big Doopie said:
movingtarget said:
Nice rides by Yates and Mollema. Disappointing for Porte and TJVG and Quintana. Looks done and dusted for another year. The next TT should be very interesting for the podium battle.
well, tjvg is a mere 34" off the podium after simply following wheels for two weeks.

i don't expect him to make it as he will bleed time in the mountains, but...
Yates may not hold on in the third week. Mollema probably has more chance of doing a strong third week but Yates is looking very good for the future.
well said.

however, i have a feeling yates will continue to surprise.

he has ridden unbelievably tactically, never jumping after froome immediately, always putting in an acceleration only at the end of the stage. he could do very well in the MTT.
 
Re: Re:

Big Doopie said:
movingtarget said:
Big Doopie said:
movingtarget said:
Nice rides by Yates and Mollema. Disappointing for Porte and TJVG and Quintana. Looks done and dusted for another year. The next TT should be very interesting for the podium battle.
well, tjvg is a mere 34" off the podium after simply following wheels for two weeks.

i don't expect him to make it as he will bleed time in the mountains, but...
Yates may not hold on in the third week. Mollema probably has more chance of doing a strong third week but Yates is looking very good for the future.
well said.

however, i have a feeling yates will continue to surprise.

he has ridden unbelievably tactically, never jumping after froome immediately, always putting in an acceleration only at the end of the stage. he could do very well in the MTT.
Of course it's possible, Yates has ridden very well so far.
 
Jul 1, 2013
1,952
0
0
Re: Re:

Big Doopie said:
movingtarget said:
Big Doopie said:
movingtarget said:
Nice rides by Yates and Mollema. Disappointing for Porte and TJVG and Quintana. Looks done and dusted for another year. The next TT should be very interesting for the podium battle.
well, tjvg is a mere 34" off the podium after simply following wheels for two weeks.

i don't expect him to make it as he will bleed time in the mountains, but...
Yates may not hold on in the third week. Mollema probably has more chance of doing a strong third week but Yates is looking very good for the future.
well said.

however, i have a feeling yates will continue to surprise.

he has ridden unbelievably tactically, never jumping after froome immediately, always putting in an acceleration only at the end of the stage. he could do very well in the MTT.
Sounds like a familiar style of racing
 
Jul 13, 2016
38
0
0
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
Cycling1984 said:
Oliwright said:
ILovecycling said:
Quintana is 3 minutes behind, anybody knows what was the gap in 2015 at this stage of the race?
3:09 was the gap at Stage 13 last year...
This year Quintana is deft a level or two below 2015 form...
Yep,it looks really bad. OTOH if he is fatigued by the wind stages it should be OK after 2nd rest day
But he still needs to attack lot more than 2015 and Froome had bad 3rd week as always
Unlikely
Apparently Froome was very sick last year when he lost all that time to Quintana in stage 20, that or it was a bluff from Sky. Shocked if he loses anything like 3 mins in the last week with the team he has around him.
 
i fully expect aru to get the usual astana 3rd week bounce.

however, right now he is exactly the reason people are silly when they compare giro/vuelta and the tour.

everyone, entire teams are at a completely different level here.

just ask simoni, hesjedal...contador. ;-)
 
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Poursuivant said:
I will go with:

Dumoulin for stage

Gc boys:

Froome
Porte +23" +2:05"
TVG 49" +1:47"
Mollema 1:02" +51"
Valverde 1:05" +1:45"
Aru 1:13" +3:22"
Quintana 1:36" +2:05"
Bardet 2:40" +2:49"
Martin 2:46" +3:07"
Yates 3:13" +1:58"
I've put the hopefully accurate results in bold.
I was miles away on some of These predictions :rolleyes: :lol:
 

Irondan

Administrator
Moderator
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Hugo Koblet said:
So the GC contender and the pretenders:

Froome
Mollema +51
Valverde +1'45
TJVG +1'47
Yates +1'58
Quintana +2'03
Porte +2'03
Kreuziger +2'10
Bardet +2'49
Martin +3'07
Meintjes +3'19
Aru +3'22
Jrod +3'43
Mollema destroys Porte and TJ in a TT. Lol
Crazy! I didn't expect Mollema to be within 3 minutes of those guys...
 
Re:

Big Doopie said:
i love the way valverde "works" for quintana.

when he attacks it's never full force, he is always looking back and keeping stuff in reserve. he never burns himself out, always saves himself so that he can hook back on and recover easily when they catch him. and sky knows that so they never have to burn themselves chasing him.

valverde is aiming for the podium while "faking" at helping quintana just like he did last year.
That's just nonsense. His attack on the Bonaigua was full gas and cost him time late in the stage - essentially for nothing - no way he would have done that if he was riding for himelf.

And his attacks yesterday were to try to burn off Sky's helpers, not to bury off himself. It worked to an extent - he managed to get rid of Landa - but Poels was too strong. Even Quintana was unable to shake him off despite going three times. Valverde absolutely burying himself in an attack yesterday would have just left Quintana 3v1 for the rest of the stage.

It makes sense to have him hanging around the front as late as possible in case Quintana gets in trouble, like he did yesterday, so he can help him.
 
Re:

Big Doopie said:
i love the way valverde "works" for quintana.

when he attacks it's never full force, he is always looking back and keeping stuff in reserve. he never burns himself out, always saves himself so that he can hook back on and recover easily when they catch him. and sky knows that so they never have to burn themselves chasing him.

valverde is aiming for the podium while "faking" at helping quintana just like he did last year.
Dont think its faking. Valverde was setting up a launchpad twice, while wasting his energy for Quintana but Nairo just didnt use it for some reason. Valverde got 30m gap and if Nairo jumped then I am sure Valverde would pull.
 
Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (3

It is still not over. With two teams with two riders within 2 minutes it might get very tough for Sky borgs. Stage 15 should be fun finally.
 
Jul 18, 2014
187
0
0
Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (3

SKSemtex said:
It is still not over. With two teams with two riders within 2 minutes it might get very tough for Sky borgs. Stage 15 should be fan finally.

Its over.
 
Jul 1, 2013
1,952
0
0
Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (3

SKSemtex said:
It is still not over. With two teams with two riders within 2 minutes it might get very tough for Sky borgs. Stage 15 should be fan finally.
Well, I will be watching either way !
 
Aug 4, 2010
11,337
0
0
I believe that healthy Alberto would be a lot closer than that.

But he is freakin unlucky Alberto Contador Velasco
*** :mad:
 
I don't get this "we dont have a show" stuff. The way Froome performed in Stages 8,11 and 12 not to mention today were examples of some of the most entertaining cycling I've seen in a tour for some years. I've enjoyed the spectacle very much and I don't think it's over just yet. Plenty can happen in the 3rd week.

Why do people still pine for Bertie? He's long gone
 
Re:

Big Doopie said:
i love the way valverde "works" for quintana.

when he attacks it's never full force, he is always looking back and keeping stuff in reserve. he never burns himself out, always saves himself so that he can hook back on and recover easily when they catch him. and sky knows that so they never have to burn themselves chasing him.

valverde is aiming for the podium while "faking" at helping quintana just like he did last year.

I'm 100% with this... and Movistar love it...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS