• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (38km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I think Mollema could actually do quite well here. I haven't been following TGBM lately, because, frankly, he hasn't done anything of note recently until now. I don't know how he's TTing nowadays, but he used to be a bit inconsistent at TT. If he has a good day tomorrow with the form he seems to have, given that it's also hilly and technical, he ought to be one of the best on the GC. At least he should be able to overtake Quintana and Yates in the GC.

Froome vs. Dumoulin vs. Martin ftw in the TT I guess. I don't know how much the running took out of Froome today though :p

Tony hasn't been that good this year, so maybe Dumoulin is the real favourite, but Martin looks in a pretty decent shape to me from what I've seen him do in domestique duties and he actually seems to have a somewhat decent climbing shape, so he should be able to deal wit the hills in the route.

Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (3

I have the feeling Froome will absolutely destroy everyone tomorrow. I'd say he will lead the gc by at least two minutes after tomorrow. I really really hope Nairo will have a good ITT and then be strong in the alps so this tour stays interesting, but I fear after tomorrow everything will be done and dusted. :(

Gigs_98 said:
I have the feeling Froome will absolutely destroy everyone tomorrow. I'd say he will lead the gc by at least two minutes after tomorrow. I really really hope Nairo will have a good ITT and then be strong in the alps so this tour stays interesting, but I fear after tomorrow everything will be done and dusted. :(

If Froome goes into week 3 with less than 2:30 over Quintana then things are still well and truly up for grabs. Froome would obviously still be favourite but thi tour is massively back loaded.

Richeypen said:
Gigs_98 said:

If Froome goes into week 3 with less than 2:30 over Quintana then things are still well and truly up for grabs. Froome would obviously still be favourite but thi tour is massively back loaded.
But considering how bad Quintana was today I doubt he will be very good in the Alps. The Quintana of last year would definitely have a good chance but we don't know yet if we will have that Quintana again this year.

Tonton said:
Considering what's just happened in Nice, not just as a fan of his, but I hope that the French Champion takes this... :(

Selon un communiqué de la FDJ, Thibaut Pinot pourrait souffrir d'une bronchite.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there going to be a stage tomorrow?

Edit: I guess I was too shocked to say anything else. I just have no words to express what I feel about what happened.

Gigs_98 said:
Totally agree with this post also hoping Porte and Yates have good rides.

Froome will go full gas in this one. He may not get the stage but he will clear off the GC guys by at least 1 minute. To be honest in this tour I am more impressed by Froome's riding on flat / descent than climbing. It did change a bit yesterday on Ventoux but his power was not the kinds we have seen in 2015 or 2013.

I fear for Quintana the most in this TT. I think he will be the biggest loser amongst the GC guys given the prediction for the headwinds / cross winds. He has just not been comfortable this second week.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

DirtyWorks said:
capuldemetal said:
tomorrow front winds for almost 3/4 of the stage.it's gonna be a tricky one

Then it reads like a full-on power test. Froome murders the field. It seems like Porte is well positioned and ready.

Lets see how Yates goes.

Nah, Martin or Cancellara takes this one.

TRENDING THREADS