• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (38km)

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
CnbaNwjXEAAWUBQ.jpg

Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (3

I didnt watch the stage today but I just saw the results and yay, another tour which is over after two weeks. It's actually quite sad since froome's climbing is probably the worst in a tour since he became a gc rider, but the other contenders are either even worse, or have bad luck. Contador might have seriosuly had a chance if he hadn't crashed.

Besides that I'm now really sad because of the jury decision yesterday. Not because I think it was false but because otherwise the situation in the gc right now would be super interesting.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
Well, at least we know the right man is leading the race. Man against boys.
I agree, Froome makes this race entertaining so far.Aspin,Montpellier and Ventoux were good stages after all.
I think that this Tour can be the best since 2011.

Congrats to Froome barring any falls or mechanicals you have just won the TDF for a third time well done sir.As far as course design goes really shitty no mano o mano in the third week,please go back to old school routes.stop making the third week so difficult:this year all the main contenders are to far behind now and we have not started the third week yet.sad

Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Well, at least we know the right man is leading the race. Man against boys.
I agree, Froome makes this race entertaining so far.Aspin,Montpellier and Ventoux were good stages after all.
I think that this Tour can be the best since 2011.

The world we are in - one in which Froome appears to be the pre-eminent GC contender - is one where the best we can hope for is that Froome and/or Sky do entertaining things, and so far they have.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Zoophonic said:
Why do people still pine for Bertie? He's long gone

Ah, the easiest question to answer in world cycling. That answer is twofold:
1) Because people like to remember Bertie and Chicken flying up vertical mountains on rocket-powered mopeds
2) Because people like to forget why this happened

He's not (or going to be) missed by everyone.

Re: Re:

Big Doopie said:
Laplaz said:
The problem is that Yates and Mollema are happy with their position and so they won't try something against Froome I think...

bingo.

the tdf is so important, that the chance of a podium, even a top ten is worth defending.

that is why - unless of a major collapse (illness or hunger bonk) - froome is already the winner.

Agree. There will be a battle royale for podium spots. And 8th vs 7th will duke it out in the Alpes. But the winner is basically decided.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
If Quintana/Movi decide to begin to race for a podium spot. He will be losing many fans IMHO. Or not gaining any for sure.

Attack! Nairo yo wont gain 3 minutes on the last day!

I am surprised Quintana still has fans. The only reason I can see for that is that he was the closest one to beat Froome. Cant see any reason to like the guy as a cyclist. When it comes to Froome not dropping everyone yet: I genuinely beliebe he is peaking for third week. Changed race schedule, Olympics, it all just makes sense. And he dropped everyone except for Porte and thats after crazy attack on a stage before and right before ITT where he crushed everyone except Dumoulin. Hardly shows weakness.

Re:

damian13ster said:
I am surprised Quintana still has fans. The only reason I can see for that is that he was the closest one to beat Froome. Cant see any reason to like the guy as a cyclist. When it comes to Froome not dropping everyone yet: I genuinely beliebe he is peaking for third week. Changed race schedule, Olympics, it all just makes sense. And he dropped everyone except for Porte and thats after crazy attack on a stage before and right before ITT where he crushed everyone except Dumoulin. Hardly shows weakness.

Many became fans after his win in Morzine, including me, he was seen as the saviour from at that point the strongest, most dominating and most boring Sky we have ever seen (mind, it was in the Wiggo, time, so no full genius attacks). Then he cemented it in his spring and was climbing and attacking like a mad man in the Tour, that same year, in 2013. Then you stick with it. At least I do that.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Jan Barta said that TT bike he's using now is worse than the one he rode when he was third at 2013 TdF. Team changed bikes ofc and Argon TT bike obviously is not very good compared to others. It's shame that one of the best time trialist can't ride proper TT bike :sad:

TRENDING THREADS