• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 17: Bern → Finhaut-Emosson (185km)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

jsem94 said:
Bauke doesn't want to risk his precious podium place. You have to risk it to win it on the road. Real champions know this. Even Froome.

It would be absolute lunacy for a rider like Bauke to give away a podium callously.

Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
Ramira said:
Honestly I'm a bit surprise Froome hasn't done anything yet, including having his train put up a truly crushing pace.

Curious if it's because he's not that good, or so good he doesn't feel like it's necessary.

Guess we'll either know in a few minutes, or tomorrow after the Mountain TT.

It's not necessary. The Tour is won and has been since the ITT

That's likely, but that hasn't really stopped him before. If he had destroyed everyone on an earlier stage I would've agreed wholeheartedly. But now I'm not sure, he always seems to want to show he's the undisputed best in the mountains at least once, even when he was a 'helper' for Wiggins.

But of course it's more than possible he'll want to do that tomorrow.

TomLPC said:
Think he might be saving a bit for the Olympics/vuelta

That's another option, if he knows he's so good he won't lose no matter what, he might be trying to minimize how much energy he uses.