• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 6: Arpajon-sur-Cère → Montauban (191km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Why did I start watching this with 90km to go? What's wrong with me?
1467903809-europcar.jpg

Stage 1, 3,4 and 6 of this tour have been awful.
I'm used to trasional sprint stages. But it's not like the grand depart was decent either and weve had to transition from there!.

Stages 1 and 2 were far too protected to ever be seriously affected by crosswinds.

Disappointing tour apart from the last few km of each stage so far.

Oliwright said:
I'm used to trasional sprint stages. But it's not like the grand depart was decent either and weve had to transition from there!.

Stages 1 and 2 were far too protected to ever be seriously affected by crosswinds.

No one is forcing you to watch

StryderHells said:
Oliwright said:

This has been the worst 1st week of a GT for years! I love cycling but even i am bored by the dreadful racing we have seen.

We've seen even the teams aren't bothered about getting in the break

Oliwright said:
StryderHells said:
Oliwright said:

This has been the worst 1st week of a GT for years! I love cycling but even i am bored by the dreadful racing we have seen.

It's because the mountains are so backloaded. A nice long, flat time trial in the first week would have made it more interesting.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The simple solution is have more interesting parcours.

Might be a good idea for stages like this to have TV coverage to see the action with riders trying to get in the break. Go off air for a period and time the commence of the coverage for about 50-60kms to go. Pointless having 120-130kms of coverage when nothing will happen for the most part. The break is already formed.

If anything this boredom will drive any potential fan away from the sport.

Oliwright said:
StryderHells said:
Oliwright said:

Well personally I find the Tour the least interesting of the 3 GT's so it feels about right to me, I do agree with other posters that a good length TT would of been nice in the opening week.

TRENDING THREADS