• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 9: Vielha → Andorra Arcalis (185km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Contador should drop out. He is not doing himself any favours. If you get dropped by Impey on the first climb of the day something is clearly terribly wrong and you won't get to stage winning form in a couple of days. Plus he hates the heat. Not him nor his fans get any satisfaction from this kind of riding... :(

Re:

portugal11 said:
Contador is injured. What a pain face he made.
Quintana is so horrible... why he didn't attack froome? He has 3 teammates in front of him
Because Froome is fresh and would easily follow him now, bringing several Sky teammates with him. The time to attack is on the steepest part of Beixalis - using men up the road to pace him on the flatter section of Arcalis before going solo on the top part.

Great plan in theory, but I'm sure Sky will have something to say about it.

Re:

portugal11 said:
Contador is injured. What a pain face he made.
Quintana is so horrible... why he didn't attack froome? He has 3 teammates in front of him

Calm down fanboy, attacking so early is stupid, particularly since Quintana isn't a gazillion of minutes behind Froome and he will need the strength for the final.

If this GPS is right they're giving away too much time for Valverde. I suppose Sky will pull them back on the flat before Cantó but it is a strong break. Valverde might just be banking on the rest day tomorrow. Or he's Nairo's man in front for later on. I still think this is a case of Team Valverde though.

TRENDING THREADS