• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 20: Megève → Morzine (147km)

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As expected, everyone's afraid of the Joux-Plane

As they should be. Anytime it's included the riders end up calling it the hardest climb after the fact. The numbers of it don't seem particularly tough, but there's just something about it that makes so many crack

Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Valv.Piti said:
Why can't LLS call it a day and let the racing begin. He wants to pull way too long, way too much, for some reason. Always. Why?
Because he's told to.

It's up to his DS and/or Aru to tell him to up the pace.

It just boggles me then. AG2R asks to up the pace - they have 3 with Aru apart from LLS + Fuglsang and Nibali out in front.

I remember the same thing happening to the stage to Sotres Cabrales. Dumoulon was soooo close to dropping, yet, LLS kept on going in his tempo despite Astana having many more available. I mean, he is a very good rouleur and decent climber, but... meh. I may me very wrong here, but I think it has something to do with his ego.

webvan said:
SHAD0W93 said:
Did Majka even attempt to help kreuziger?
Has Majka ever worked for anyone?

Nibs on his way...

wow, I wonder where does it come from... Contador fanboys being unable to accept the reality in which their star does not shine anymore and the team had to order Majka to follow the polka dot?

I do not really follow him but I can remember he was pulling really hard for Sagan during TdSuisse las year...

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
de gendt had 47 sec on top... caught, rolland passed and dropped by the group

hahaha, Kelly praising Lemond for being good descender ("he's a bit heavyweight now")

BillyBrown said:
webvan said:
SHAD0W93 said:
Did Majka even attempt to help kreuziger?
Has Majka ever worked for anyone?

Nibs on his way...

wow, I wonder where does it come from... Contador fanboys being unable to accept the reality in which their star does not shine anymore and the team had to order Majka to follow the polka dot?

I do not really follow him but I can remember he was pulling really hard for Sagan during TdSuisse las year...
I remember that stage as well. Sagan won the stage, IIRC?