• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 20: Megève → Morzine (147km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm still half drunk, and hearing Loving the Alien (Bowie) remastered version from the album Tonight, and getting in that particular state of mind. (am I wake? am I dreaming?)

"Believing the strangest things, loving the alien..."

I'm almost decided to do a nice montage of Froome's best moments with this song on the background, but I suck with Final Cut Pro and iMovie is limited.

Any takers? Just look at this:

"But if you pray
all your sins are hooked upon the sky
Pray and the heathen lie will disappear
Prayers they hide
the saddest view
(Believing the strangest things,
loving the alien
)"

The rain shouldn't be such a factor on descents of the roads on todays stages because of the soaking they got yesterday. Rain mainly only has an impact if you've had a period of dry weather beforehand (which allows an accumulation of dirt and oil to build up on the roads). Sorry to be a party pooper:

"The first 10 minutes after light rain begins are the most dangerous

- The rain mixes with oil from motor vehicles and oil from new asphalt
- The result is a slippery roadway
- If it rains hard and long enough, the rain washes off the oil and the slippery conditions are reduced "

http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/buses/UpdatedWeb/topic_8/page5.html

Re: Re:

liamito said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Gigs_98 said:
spalco said:
doperhopper said:
and that's the end of VroomDescender myth - look at Nibs who wisely crossed the white line much earlier, when still going straight while Froomey was already leaning and braking at the same time going across that white strip (you can tell it if you know what to watch - front wheel blocks on the wet slippery white line, then hitting tarmac again while blocked it causes the whole bike to shake and rotate around the front wheel contact point, you can clearly see the rear wheel going "up" on the screen)

Huh? How does this make any sense considering Nibali crashed also, at nearly the same spot?

**** happens. Cycling just isn't the safest sport around, and yesterday was particularly dangerous.
I think Nibali crashed because froome crashed directly in front of him, but I'm not sure
correct, unwise of nibali to descend in froome's wheel.

Froome attacked, Nibali followed.

Attacked what ?? Bardet attacked , Froome was behind him
As Thomas said th whole team were shouting in his ear piece to slow down

I actually think Chris Froome is a descent person and he is a very fine athlete
but he always reminds me of the dorky guy at school who very good at everything but always badly needs affiramtion, approval and popularity but yet the more he want it the less he gets it.and then the more he wanst it .the less he get it,etc.... laws of the universe

Fergoose said:
The rain shouldn't be such a factor on descents of the roads on todays stages because of the soaking they got yesterday. Rain mainly only has an impact if you've had a period of dry weather beforehand (which allows an accumulation of dirt and oil to build up on the roads).

Sure, but could still be a huge factor. Descends from Ramaz and Joux Planes is not for the faint hearted, especially in the wet. And this is the penultimate stage of the Tour! Granted, toppling Froome will be a tall order, but who knows? And either way, there's other interesting battles. Anyways I'm super excited. :twisted: :)

Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Samamba said:
Alexandre B. said:
Samamba said:
So Alaphilippe is gonna be the supercombatif. What a surprise :rolleyes:
I'm impressed you know the vote of Philippe Bouvet, Jean Montois, Thierry Gouvenou, Greg LeMond and Laurent Jalabert already.

It has nothing to do with their votes? It's just a popularity poll on Twitter.
It's one vote out of six.

Allright, good. My bad.