• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 20: Megève → Morzine (147km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

MacBAir said:
I get the point of not enjoying a great cyclist with an overpowering team and luck win all races. But like I said, I just can't fathom why someone might dislike Peter, the cyclist, unless we dive into blindness and irrationalism or you don't like cycling at all. I'm not interested in that. Maybe I'm limited.

There are some personality issues and previous actions...

And regardless, many people just like an underdog, and not the guy who's winning all the time.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
Kreuz can keep going if Majka goes all in too....afterall SKY do nto need to chase...upto Movistar, Ag2R, BMC, Astana

Bet Oleg is going ape now
Tinkoff sans Contador is the best, most exciting team of all time. Sagan & Kreuz are boss-like! Is Majka on that group? I do not see him helping, yet.

spalco said:
MacBAir said:
I get the point of not enjoying a great cyclist with an overpowering team and luck win all races. But like I said, I just can't fathom why someone might dislike Peter, the cyclist, unless we dive into blindness and irrationalism or you don't like cycling at all. I'm not interested in that. Maybe I'm limited.

There are some personality issues and previous actions...

And regardless, many people just like an underdog, and not the guy who's winning all the time.
Still the same crap?

Anyway, Sagan doesn't win all the time. He is always the underdog. It's always teams and wheelsuckers and generally pathetic riders against him.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

MacBAir said:
Unless we are reaching to the blindness and ignorant fanboyism territory, not liking Sagan means that you don't like cycling.

Unlike lesser riders like Quintana, Mollema and others, Sagan is everything that is right with cycling and the best cyclist on the planet.

Not liking Sagan means that you don't like bike handling skills, attacks, aggression, etc. Why watch cycling at all?

Bwhaha first you start talking about 'fanboyism' and then you say something like 'Sagan is everything that is right with cycling and the best cyclist on the planet' and that if you don't like him you don't like cycling. You're a funny guy. :p

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
deValtos said:
This would be great if Kreuziger ends up on the podium.

Sky don't need to push it so it'll probably be Astana that takes it up at some point.

He will not podium. That's for sure. At least 5 riders are climbing better then him in the break too.

He was quite poor on Mont Blanc.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
deValtos said:

Sky don't need to push it so it'll probably be Astana that takes it up at some point.

He will not podium. That's for sure. At least 5 riders are climbing better then him in the break too.

Well at least it adds some excitement to this stage as opposed to a big break with no potential GC action.

MacBAir said:
Still the same crap?

Anyway, Sagan doesn't win all the time. He is always the underdog. It's always teams and wheelsuckers and generally pathetic riders against him.

Hey, I'm just explaining. I've grown to like him myself anyway.

But he's not "always the underdog", he's already a favourite to keep winning the green jersey and at least be a prime conteder in M-SR, PR and RVV for however long he stays healthy, possibly another decade.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
deValtos said:
Arredondo said:
deValtos said:

Well at least it adds some excitement to this stage as opposed to a big break with no potential GC action.

Sure. But that's something else ;)

Sagan to cannonball down the Ramaz with Kreuziger in tow. Kreuziger to MTT up Joux Plane. Everyobody looks at each other in the peloton and suddenly Poels, Nieve and Landa all puncture at the same time after the Tinkoff car goes past with Oleg inside. Bardet goes crazy uphill and Froome drops his chain. Downhill showdown into Morzine with three in with a shot at yellow.

I can dream. :D

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

trucido said:
Pantano sprinting to stay in touch with Sagan whilst he's not pedalling.

Who mentioned that Pantano was as good as Sagan downhill again?
No one. People just mentioned that he was better than most GC contenders. Do you like physics? With Sagan's skills and his weight, no GC contender can keep up with him if he goes at 100%.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I love seeing Sagan working as a domestique for Krueziger. It shows a lot of class and also respect for a guy like Krueziger who has often sacrificed himself for his leader even if he was the stronger rider like in 2013. This kind of selfless behavior is something we will never see from a guy like Contador.

TRENDING THREADS