• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 4: Saumur → Limoges (238km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

The Hegelian said:
Ferminal said:
Classic Degenkolb stage, Matthews would be a chance if he had top form but Sagan appears to be well ahead. Expected Coquard to have a bit more kick yesterday so would be surprised if he were to do better today.

Impey-Matthews leadout for Gerrans from 500m would be interesting.

Degenkolb's surely still quite underdone.

Of course, wasn't suggesting he could contend today.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Praying Mantis said:
MacBAir said:
Who is this Praying Mantis guy? Shouldn't we be making sacrifices to the Gods for having him doing these opening posts? Well, I guess Alberto was the first sacrifice, but totally worth it!

HC1e9nT.jpg
You legend! This is the best thing ever. Did Richie mate with that female? :)

Anyway, If Sagan and Cav keep winning this is gonna be fun.

MacBAir said:
Praying Mantis said:
MacBAir said:
Who is this Praying Mantis guy? Shouldn't we be making sacrifices to the Gods for having him doing these opening posts? Well, I guess Alberto was the first sacrifice, but totally worth it!

HC1e9nT.jpg
You legend! This is the best thing ever. Did Richie mate with that female? :)

Anyway, If Sagan and Cav keep winning this is gonna be fun.

Can't have. He still has a head...

sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
King Boonen said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNDBo3spnwg

Anyway, letour.fr has launched the new live tracker today. I'm having trouble using it though, it's hammering my quadcore to the point where Firefox becomes unresponsive. Could theoretically be useful...
Don't know why they've changed it from previous years.

First glance: disappointing. V limited zoom in/out and scrolling, very imprecise selection of group with mouse. Not reliable info: the TV shows me a lead group of 4, the tracker has Naesen on his own at the front. Is Morabito really 1 hr 8 mins behind? It's not encouraging me to use it a lot.

Kwibus said:
Ferminal said:
Classic Degenkolb stage, Matthews would be a chance if he had top form but Sagan appears to be well ahead. Expected Coquard to have a bit more kick yesterday so would be surprised if he were to do better today.

Impey-Matthews leadout for Gerrans from 500m would be interesting.

Degenkolb is a shadow of what he was last year unfortunately. The crash has certainly affected him obviously and sometimes I wonder if he will come back to his best level. Too early to tell obviously.

I don't think I've even seen him this year.

Armchair cyclist said:
sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
King Boonen said:

Anyway, letour.fr has launched the new live tracker today. I'm having trouble using it though, it's hammering my quadcore to the point where Firefox becomes unresponsive. Could theoretically be useful...

First glance: disappointing. V limited zoom in/out and scrolling, very imprecise selection of group with mouse. \It's not encouraging me to use it a lot.
Exactly.
ASO probably got a good offer and accepted. Who cares about fans.

sir fly said:
Armchair cyclist said:
sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
King Boonen said:

First glance: disappointing. V limited zoom in/out and scrolling, very imprecise selection of group with mouse. \It's not encouraging me to use it a lot.
Exactly.

ASO only has eyes for money, it takes the money and run even if that implies boring flat stages, Angers was ready to pay the price the host the finish so we go there

this company or another one is willing to pay ASO for their live-ticker, great for ASO, what the consequences are for fans etc never mind

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site

Lexman said:
sir fly said:
Armchair cyclist said:
sir fly said:
Praying Mantis said:
Exactly.
ASO only has eyes for money, it takes the money and run even if that implies boring flat stages, Angers was ready to pay the price the host the finish so we go there

this company or another one is willing to pay ASO for their live-ticker, great for ASO, what the consequences are for fans etc never mind
Dimension Data... Seems strange to me that a company like that can't get better JavaScript developers, this kinda stinks. The web just get slower and harder to use by the day. I'm not sure why Race Center and Live Tracking are two different sites, could be much better integrated. But this is early days, perhaps they will improve. I too am bothered by the maps' poor functionality. It's also difficult to see the situation on the road, the old tracker was better. Hoping for a ticker that doesn't hog my CPU..

PremierAndrew said:
sir fly said:
Greipel didn't contest the intermediate?!
Was it intentional or accidental ?

Not like he has a chance of winning green any more. Even Cav stands little chance of beating Sagan for green even if he wins every single flat stage until the end of the Tour
Off course. But he could've stretched the legs for show. The energy he saved won't decide the final sprint.

TRENDING THREADS