• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de Pologne, 2.UWT, July 12-18

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

El Pistolero said:
It's a shame this ride was overshadowed by the Tour de France, now this is REAL racing. Cav wouldn't have made it to the finish-line.

Cav's formative years involved cycling on the Isle of Man, a rock full of wet, cold, windy weather in the middle of the Irish Sea, he's not a man adverse to weather like today's, unlike a lot of Pro riders.

Re: Re:

Inquitus said:
El Pistolero said:
It's a shame this ride was overshadowed by the Tour de France, now this is REAL racing. Cav wouldn't have made it to the finish-line.

Cav's formative years involved cycling on the Isle of Man, a rock full of wet, cold, windy weather in the middle of the Irish Sea, he's not a man adverse to weather like today's, unlike a lot of Pro riders.

I'd like to know why Kennaugh finished 45 mins down then.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Great to see that Felline is already in good shape after that brutal crash.
Another good showing by Mamykin after being a strong domestique in the TdS.
Also, Alberto Bettiol finished 5th, I thought that the guy somehow got lost at Cannondale (ok, last year he rode a pretty good ToB, but tother than that he hasn't shown much durning the last 2 years).

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Also, Alberto Bettiol finished 5th, I thought that the guy somehow got lost at Cannondale (ok, last year he rode a pretty good ToB, but tother than that he hasn't shown much durning the last 2 years).
I've always thought that he was doing well considering his age.

He might not have any outstanding results, but showed some strength in races like Amstel or Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde this year and rode a fairly decent Giro. Also 10th in Giro del Piemonte last year. He is doing slightly better than I expected him to be doing, as a Cannondale fan. Maybe I don't know him well enough and then underrate his talent, but I haven't noticed anyone expecting him to be the next big thing, so I think he has been doing fairly well throughout the last 12 months.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
Mayomaniac said:
I've always thought that he was doing well considering his age.

He might not have any outstanding results, but showed some strength in races like Amstel or Driedaagse De Panne-Koksijde this year and rode a fairly decent Giro. Also 10th in Giro del Piemonte last year. He is doing slightly better than I expected him to be doing, as a Cannondale fan. Maybe I don't know him well enough and then underrate his talent, but I haven't noticed anyone expecting him to be the next big thing, so I think he has been doing fairly well throughout the last 12 months.
Yeah, it's understandable and you have a point.
There was some buzz around him when he won the 2011 Giro Internazionale della Lunigiana when he beat guys like Herklotz and Valerio Conti, so he had a bit of hype back then, but that race isn't exactly a huge deal, even if a few big talents finished in the top 5 durning the last few years.

Fantastic stuff!! Just watched the highlights, it's a different world to the TDF.
I couldn't help giggling at the time gaps, you just have to take your haat off to Wellens. Well done to Lotto for nurturing him.
Also chapeau to Formolo, the skinny climbing kid did much better than some of those who'd like to think of themselves as hard men. Is he going to the Olympics?

Re:

beatthatrat said:
Fantastic stuff!! Just watched the highlights, it's a different world to the TDF.
I couldn't help giggling at the time gaps, you just have to take your haat off to Wellens. Well done to Lotto for nurturing him.
Also chapeau to Formolo, the skinny climbing kid did much better than some of those who'd like to think of themselves as hard men. Is he going to the Olympics?
No official word on the team yet, but probably not.

Wellens __O__

Is there any website where I can find extensive coverage of this stage?

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
To cancel a stage because of rain....? Okay.....

Admittedly the weather was abysmal yesterday so if it's similar today it's not nice for the riders, but it's just rain......

TRENDING THREADS