• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de Suisse, 11-19 June

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Mr.White said:
Flamin said:
Mayomaniac said:
Flamin said:
Good lead-out this for Chernetskiy.
Hard to say, Pantano is also pretty fast, I still remember that Romandie stage when he finished 2nd behind Albasini.

Yeah but I meant Chernetskiy was just sitting in the wheels and everyone was fine with it, despite that he's not slow. Nice from Pantano to still beat him.

What's up with you and your "everybody should work" attitude? Why wouldn't he sit up in that group? Why would he work? To please you?! Only he didn't had a reason to pull, and he didn't. Perfectly fine by me, and obviously perfectly fine by all others in that group, as we saw.

How did you distract THAT from my posts? :confused: of course Chernetskiy shouldn't have taken a single pull.

Mr.White said:
Flamin said:
Mayomaniac said:
Flamin said:
Hard to say, Pantano is also pretty fast, I still remember that Romandie stage when he finished 2nd behind Albasini.

Yeah but I meant Chernetskiy was just sitting in the wheels and everyone was fine with it, despite that he's not slow. Nice from Pantano to still beat him.

What's up with you and your "everybody should work" attitude? Why wouldn't he sit up in that group? Why would he work? To please you?! Only he didn't had a reason to pull, and he didn't. Perfectly fine by me, and obviously perfectly fine by all others in that group, as we saw.
I have to agree, the KATUSHA guy sitting on, like that, during a breakaway. No respect for KATUSHA there. If he had not contested the sprint, I would have respected him.
:mad:

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Flamin said:
Mr.White said:
Flamin said:
Mayomaniac said:
Flamin said:

How did you distract THAT from my posts? :confused: of course Chernetskiy shouldn't have taken a single pull.

Well, we agree then. Must have misunderstood you, my bad :redface:

This Charming Man said:
Mr.White said:
Flamin said:
Mayomaniac said:
Flamin said:

I have to agree, the KATUSHA guy sitting on, like that, during a breakaway. No respect for KATUSHA there. If he had not contested the sprint, I would have respected him.

poor chernetskiy,not only he didnt win the stage he also lost your respect :(

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

This Charming Man said:
Mr.White said:
Flamin said:
Mayomaniac said:
Flamin said:

His captain Spilak was behind and he thought that he had a good chance of winning the stage, can you blame him?
I'm happy for Chernetckii, he finished in the top 10 on gc. The guy was a huge talent as an U23 rider, people already saw him as the next Russian gc contender.
Pantano and Chernetckii are both underrated when it comes to their sprint, both have beaten Alaphilippe in a reduced sprint in 2015 (even if Pantano just finished 2nd behind Albasini on that stage in Romandie, but that was just Albasini on Swiss soil).

Mayomaniac said:
Pantano and Chernetckii are both underrated when it comes to their sprint, both have beaten Alaphilippe in a reduced sprint in 2015 (even if Pantano just finished 2nd behind Albasini on that stage in Romandie, but that was just Albasini on Swiss soil).

It's understandable that not everyone is aware already of Chernetskiy's sprint. But I don't think Pantano's sprint is underrated, most people here know he's fast and capable of high placing in very selective sprint in stage races. The reason he's not rated at Albasini's or Alaphillipe's sprinting level comes from their respective classic pedigree, I guess.

Re:

Laplaz said:
Oh Geraint. Forget your focus for GC

Either

1) Let him be protected for the Tour. That parcours, together with TdS, will put him off that idea of GC for the rest of his career.

or

2) He says he has lost a lot of weight (by cycling standards), either his body needs to adapt to the loss (if it can cope at all).

I'd rather see him going for the classics and hilly one-week races.

Tank Engine said:
Laplaz said:
Oh Geraint. Forget your focus for GC

Either

1) Let him be protected for the Tour. That parcours, together with TdS, will put him off that idea of GC for the rest of his career.

or

2) He says he has lost a lot of weight (by cycling standards), either his body needs to adapt to the loss (if it can cope at all).

I'd rather see him going for the classics and hilly one-week races.

At least he's stopped crashing all the time.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
For a 21 years old riding his first season as a neopro Mamykin rode a pretty decent TdS.
Dombrowski rode a great TdS, he still as a few major flaws, but even with them he has a future as a great climbing superdomestiqe.
Now some rather bad news, in 2014 Sölden and the TdS signed a contract for 3 years, so next year we'll get a Rettenbachferner MTF for the third time in a row. Maybe this time they'll actually use a decent climb before the Rettenbachferner, but I seriously doubt that.
If the TdS has to leave Swiss soil I'd love to see them enter Italy and have a MTF on the Passo del Bernina, it's a really hard Swiss climb and yet we never get to see it in a race.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
For a 21 years old riding his first season as a neopro Mamykin rode a pretty decent TdS.
Dombrowski rode a great TdS, he still as a few major flaws, but even with them he has a future as a great climbing superdomestiqe.
Now some rather bad news, in 2014 Sölden and the TdS signed a contract for 3 years, so next year we'll get a Rettenbachferner MTF for the third time in a row. Maybe this time they'll actually use a decent climb before the Rettenbachferner, but I seriously doubt that.
If the TdS has to leave Swiss soil I'd love to see them enter Italy and have a MTF on the Passo del Bernina, it's a really hard Swiss climb and yet we never get to see it in a race.

Oh God. :sad:

RattaKuningas said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Homo Helveticus said:
Lopez has the potential to grow even better and bigger than Quintana. Don't forget he's just 22 years old. What a boy.
Vino thinks so too.
Just extended his contract for two years at Astana.

I could potentially see Lopez beating Quintana in 1 week races like Tour de Suisse but not in 3 week races like Tour, Giro or Vuelta.
Why? There is no reason why that is the case; Lopez has shown great recovery, albeit in a one-week race.