• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de Suisse, 11-19 June

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I really dislike those typical sprint/reduced sprint stages with the final circuits at the TdS, most of those circuits don't add a lot to the race, the final is often messy and the amount of road forniture in those towns only increases the amount of crashes, but the organizers seem to love those circuits because they give them an opportunity to give the finishing towns even more tv time for their money.

Much more interesting stage tomorrow. Missed today's stage, but it didn't seem I missed out on too much? Checked the sprint out and my man Magnus Cort did a good job there, unfortunately MM got a little boxed it, but he only has himself to thank.

Gilbert tomorrow.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Much more interesting stage tomorrow. Missed today's stage, but it didn't seem I missed out on too much? Checked the sprint out and my man Magnus Cort did a good job there, unfortunately MM got a little boxed it, but he only has himself to thank.

Gilbert tomorrow.

Are we back in 2010/2011? Unless Sagan completely f...p his preparation because of his mountain bike dream he should win here solo easy peasy.

Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
jaylew said:
Any word on what happened to Gaviria? He was right there behind his train and then just pulled out. Mechanical? Just didn't have the legs?
He crashed earlier in the stage.

I know he crashed earlier but he got right back in afterwards and the team was leading him out until he pulled up right before the finish. So I'm still wondering if it was the legs or a mechanical.

jaylew said:
DNP-Old said:
jaylew said:
Any word on what happened to Gaviria? He was right there behind his train and then just pulled out. Mechanical? Just didn't have the legs?
He crashed earlier in the stage.

I know he crashed earlier but he got right back in afterwards and the team was leading him out until he pulled up right before the finish. So I'm still wondering if it was the legs or a mechanical.

Richeze said Gav suffered after his crash so probably no stage win today either.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

Gilbert tomorrow.
Don't think they will allow him to in a breakaway, and he surely cannot win a sprint against Sagan.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
A breakaway with Lars Erik Byström (KAT), Grégory Rast (TFS), Matthew Hayman (OGE), Branislau Samoilau (CCC), Bruno Pires (ROT), Antwan Toloek (ROP), Huub Duijn (ROP) and Silvan Dillier (BMC) holds 1:30 on the bunch.

Cance > TheRest said:
Valv.Piti said:

Gilbert tomorrow.
Don't think they will allow him to in a breakaway, and he surely cannot win a sprint against Sagan.
He can do a late attack (solo or with a couple of riders) on the last climb and hold on to the finish.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

maltiv said:
CheckMyPecs said:
A breakaway with Lars Erik Byström (KAT), Grégory Rast (TFS), Matthew Hayman (OGE), Branislau Samoilau (CCC), Bruno Pires (ROT), Antwan Toloek (ROP), Huub Duijn (ROP) and Silvan Dillier (BMC) holds 1:30 on the bunch.
Lars? His name is Sven :p
Haha I copy-pasted it from the race website.

johnymax said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Valv.Piti said:

Gilbert tomorrow.
He can do a late attack (solo or with a couple of riders) on the last climb and hold on to the finish.
I find that very unlikely with the strength of Orica and Tinkoff in mind, but I hope I'm wrong. Would like Gilbert to show a bit of old form

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

Cance > TheRest said:
I find that very unlikely with the strength of Orica and Tinkoff in mind, but I hope I'm wrong. Would like Gilbert to show a bit of old form
Ever since he got that big-bucks contract from BMC his motivation went out of the window.

CheckMyPecs said:
maltiv said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Lars? His name is Sven :p
Haha I copy-pasted it from the race website.

It's obviously Sven's until now unknown brother. :p