• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour of Norway - 2HC - 18.05/22.05

Hey guys, as there is no topic about Tour of Norway, we could discuss about news and results here !

Quick reminder :
01.stage - 18.05 Drammen > Langesund - 173.4 km
02.stage - 19.05 Kragerø > Rjukan - 211 km
03.stage - 20.05 Rjukan > Geilo - 168 km
04.stage - 21.05 Flå > Hønefoss (Eggemoen) - 174 km
05.stage - 22.05 Drøbak > Sarpsborg - 163 km

Some contenders : Boasson Hagen, Vanmarcke, Enger, Bilbao, Bauhaus, Lammertink, Pedersen, Van Lerberghe...

Re:

Krokro said:
34km left. Breakaway of 3 riders has 3:40 on the peloton.

They could stay away now seeing the profile:
stage1-1024x169.png

Re:

Squire said:
He just won the Tour of Norway. Impressed by Enger, hanging with that select group and taking 2nd.
Yes, these are all indeed very "select" riders in that group ;)
3. Eiking Odd Christian Norway
4. Ferrari Fabricio Caja Rural - Seguros RGA
5. Armée Sander Lotto Soudal
6. Minnaard Marco Wanty - Groupe Gobert
7. Mendes José Bora-Argon 18
8. Vangstad Andreas Team Sparebanken Sør
9. Boasson Hagen Edvald Dimension Data
10. Lietaer Eliot Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise

Re: Re:

PeterB said:
Squire said:
He just won the Tour of Norway. Impressed by Enger, hanging with that select group and taking 2nd.
Yes, these are all indeed very "select" riders in that group ;)
3. Eiking Odd Christian Norway
4. Ferrari Fabricio Caja Rural - Seguros RGA
5. Armée Sander Lotto Soudal
6. Minnaard Marco Wanty - Groupe Gobert
7. Mendes José Bora-Argon 18
8. Vangstad Andreas Team Sparebanken Sør
9. Boasson Hagen Edvald Dimension Data
10. Lietaer Eliot Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise

At least they're all climbers, apart from EBH, who's just on a different level. And being ahead of Gerdemann and Bilbao is notable. I'm still impressed ;)

Re:

Squire said:
Impressed by Enger, hanging with that select group and taking 2nd.
He didn't just hang on, he was pulling up the majority of the climb.

Enger certainly has improved a lot over the past few months, will be interesting to see how he'll perform in bigger races later this season.

maltiv said:
Squire said:

Enger certainly has improved a lot over the past few months, will be interesting to see how he'll perform in bigger races later this season.

What type of rider is he? Every time I've noticed him this season it's because of his climbing, but I thought he is(/was?) a sprinter?

TMP402 said:
maltiv said:
Squire said:

What type of rider is he? Every time I've noticed him this season it's because of his climbing, but I thought he is(/was?) a sprinter?

His results so far have mostly been in sprints, so I'm not sure where you've noticed his climbing. He's predominantly a sprinter, but goes well on hills, and is excellent at uphill sprints. He won the sprint for 3rd at the Firenze U23 Worlds, ahead of Ewan, but was a few places behind the Australian in Ponferrada. A more talented Lobato, perhaps. I thought today's climb was a bit too long for him though, but he did great.

Squire said:
TMP402 said:
maltiv said:
Squire said:

His results so far have mostly been in sprints, so I'm not sure where you've noticed his climbing. He's predominantly a sprinter, but goes well on hills, and is excellent at uphill sprints. He won the sprint for 3rd at the Firenze U23 Worlds, ahead of Ewan, but was a few places behind the Australian in Ponferrada. A more talented Lobato, perhaps. I thought today's climb was a bit too long for him though, but he did great.

I'm sure he was very active on the big mountain stage of the Tour of Croatia.

TRENDING THREADS