• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour of Qatar 8-12/02 2.HC

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Qatar GC?

• Other (Vino)

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Sacha Modolo

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Lieuwe Westra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Bennett

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Manuel Quinziato

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Patrick Gretsche

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Lars Boom

• Jos Van Emden

• Greg Van Avermaet

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
As a Cav fan I am starting to think that this season is going to be the hardest of is career until now. I get it that Kittel and Greipel are the top dogs in the sprints right now, but when he loses to Kristoff, who is a hardman/sprinter like Thor used to be, things seems to be worse than ever. I hope that I am wrong.

Kristoff held off perfectly.
Looked like Cavendish had enough acceleration, but it was only to level up with Kristoff. Another couple of wheel turns wouldn't help him either. The both have timed their sprints perfectly and were empty on the line.
Great duel.

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

johnymax said:
Inquitus said:
Who's comes out of this better, Kristoff with 3 stage wins or Cav with 1 stage win and the GC?

Looking just at the results I'd say Cav, but watching the race it looked like Katusha an Kristoff dominated Cav and the others.

Agreed. Kristoff´s leadout train was perfect while DD has to work on a few things, like not going to early to the front of the race. Cav is not looking good losing flat stages against Kristoff, but that maybe because the time he is spending in the velodrome. Hope to see him getting better as the season continues.

Winning GC is obviously better for a riders palmares, but for both Cavendish and Kristoff, the GC of the Tour of Qatar would be a loooooong way down their list of important wins. Winning three stages says more about where a rider is at the moment. Given a choice I think both would take the three stages.

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Winning GC is obviously better for a riders palmares, but for both Cavendish and Kristoff, the GC of the Tour of Qatar would be a loooooong way down their list of important wins. Winning three stages says more about where a rider is at the moment. Given a choice I think both would take the three stages.
100% agreed.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Happy dude said:
Cav will win more races than the rest of his team, for DD I think that's all that matters

All that matters? That shouldn't be even mentioned as achievement, its' not ''all that matters'' its barely a minimal requirement you expect for paying him so much money.

TRENDING THREADS