2016 TV coverage USA

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 29, 2015
6
0
0
Re:

zlev11 said:
cool, thanks. i figured it might be too early for them to have it up.
You can access it on the NBC cycling facebook page. I replied awhile ago, with a link to the page, but it said my message was spam and was being reviewed. You can usually find links on their facebook or twitter pages a lot earlier than on the full event replays page. Hope this goes through and happy watching!
 
Nov 29, 2015
6
0
0
Looks like BEIN's TV coverage is going to be garbage this year. Today Tirreno was relegated to streaming, with no on-demand video available later, so they could show a handball match from several days ago. Tomorrow and Friday they are showing the replays of a rugby match from last weekend instead of the live race. They're not even showing a 30 minute recap later in the day. I understand them relegating cycling to streaming for a live soccer match, but handball and rugby replays? I thought NBCSN's handling of their cycling was a joke, but at least they have the on demand video replays an hour or two after the stage ends and actually puts the races on TV, even if it's at ridiculous times. Really hope they don't handle the classics and the Giro like this.
 
LeMond86 said:
Looks like BEIN's TV coverage is going to be garbage this year. Today Tirreno was relegated to streaming, with no on-demand video available later, so they could show a handball match from several days ago. Tomorrow and Friday they are showing the replays of a rugby match from last weekend instead of the live race. They're not even showing a 30 minute recap later in the day. I understand them relegating cycling to streaming for a live soccer match, but handball and rugby replays? I thought NBCSN's handling of their cycling was a joke, but at least they have the on demand video replays an hour or two after the stage ends and actually puts the races on TV, even if it's at ridiculous times. Really hope they don't handle the classics and the Giro like this.

Yes it's pitiful that we are relegated to live stream only and that is it! We can only hope they do better by other races. Last year on TV the classics were highlight replays later in the day and the Giro was live every day. I think that is the best we can expect this year as they have cut all TV coverage of Strade Bianche and TA when last year there were at least recaps. As I said at the outset we have entered cycling coverage wasteland :(
 
Re:

zlev11 said:
was anyone watching the Tirreno stream today on BeIN? it ended abruptly with 4km to go. unreal.
No I've been using cyclinghub even though I have a beIN subscription. Aside from the first stage, every day this week it has failed multiple times, and 2 days there was no commentary. They better have the Giro on tv or I'm cancelling the package with beIN in it.

Next Saturday is MSR. Think they might actually show it on tv? Probably just another crappy steam that drops multiple times and not even a recap show on tv. beIN stinks this year so far!
 
Re:

zlev11 said:
i actually was enjoying it without commentary. how is the picture quality on bicyclinghub?
Much better than beIN, close to the great pics from NBCSN. Commercials though as it was EuroSport. I had both streams going so I could watch beIN during commercials. LOL and a 3rd stream for PN :).
 
Nov 29, 2015
6
0
0
Re: Re:

Carols said:
zlev11 said:
was anyone watching the Tirreno stream today on BeIN? it ended abruptly with 4km to go. unreal.
No I've been using cyclinghub even though I have a beIN subscription. Aside from the first stage, every day this week it has failed multiple times, and 2 days there was no commentary. They better have the Giro on tv or I'm cancelling the package with beIN in it.

Next Saturday is MSR. Think they might actually show it on tv? Probably just another crappy steam that drops multiple times and not even a recap show on tv. beIN stinks this year so far!
I haven't used the BEIN live stream, I've watched the stages on youtube in the evenings. I'm not holding my breath expecting MSR to be on TV, if they won't show Tirreno over handball replays there's no way they'll show any cycling over even minor league soccer. I'm curious to see what they do with their Giro coverage, but at this point it seems like they have no problem not putting any cycling on TV. I'd actually have no problem with them only live streaming, if they actually put the races up for on demand viewing after the race. For as sad as NBCSN's TV coverage is, they actually have decent streaming and on demand. No commercials, very good resolution, on demand is up pretty quickly after the stage ends, and I can watch in the afternoon or evening. You just have to put up with that little banner ad at the top of the screen, but that's easy enough to ignore.
 
Did anyone else catch MSR on YouTube? I watched the final 40km of the race, live, without sketchy feeds or the auto parts commercials of ye olde Versus coverage. Does anyone know what the deal with that was/is? Is it happening for all non-NBC races, or was it just an RCS thing?
 
Re:

mr. tibbs said:
Did anyone else catch MSR on YouTube? I watched the final 40km of the race, live, without sketchy feeds or the auto parts commercials of ye olde Versus coverage. Does anyone know what the deal with that was/is? Is it happening for all non-NBC races, or was it just an RCS thing?
I watched MSR on beINs subscription site without commercials and they had a 2 hour recap show later on TV. beIN has all the RCS races including the Giro.
 
Jancouver said:
For many years, I only stream everything online and record major races to reply in HD or I just get a HD reply on youTube few hours after the race if I cant watch it live.
Same here. Steephill.tv, Cycling TV, or just YouTube. Very little on actual broadcast.

With Cycling TV purchasing most cycling, I'm hoping that they can bring back what the original Universal Sports tried to do, which was online only, multiple events. Some of them just live feed with no commentary, which was cool for die hard fans. I don't expect that, but if Universal was ahead of it's time, the time might be right now for CyclingTV to succeed. Let's hope.
 
Re:

Potomac said:
NBC live streaming P-R beginning 4:35 am on Sunday.
The live broadcasts on YouTube were great for MSR and Flanders, but I'm assuming that won't happen for PR. Do we have to get some kind of subscription for the NBC stream?
 
Re: Re:

mr. tibbs said:
Potomac said:
NBC live streaming P-R beginning 4:35 am on Sunday.
The live broadcasts on YouTube were great for MSR and Flanders, but I'm assuming that won't happen for PR. Do we have to get some kind of subscription for the NBC stream?
Yes you must have the TV station NBCSN via your service provider and that allows you to login to NBC Live Events on-line. They do sell an on-line only subscription for le Tour but for any other race you must be a tv station subscriber.

Surely there will be other streams available though. I would check CyclinHub.tv, steephill and cyclingfans.
 
Re: Re:

Carols said:
[...]
Yes you must have the TV station NBCSN via your service provider and that allows you to login to NBC Live Events on-line. They do sell an on-line only subscription for le Tour but for any other race you must be a tv station subscriber.

Surely there will be other streams available though. I would check CyclinHub.tv, steephill and cyclingfans.
Steephill's my usual go-to. I just hate dealing with the sketchy feeds. I had the Tour thing last year and will definitely do it again.
 
Mar 10, 2009
286
0
0
Re: Re:

mr. tibbs said:
Carols said:
[...]
Yes you must have the TV station NBCSN via your service provider and that allows you to login to NBC Live Events on-line. They do sell an on-line only subscription for le Tour but for any other race you must be a tv station subscriber.

Surely there will be other streams available though. I would check CyclinHub.tv, steephill and cyclingfans.
Steephill's my usual go-to. I just hate dealing with the sketchy feeds. I had the Tour thing last year and will definitely do it again.
Cyclinghub.tv
no sketchy feeds, it uses Youtube to present the feed., and has updates via social media when they go live. I've watches races(while at work) I've only read about in past years, since they were so hard to find. At home I open the live feed in Chrome and shoot it to my ChromeCast to the bar TV, Belgium Beer and Waffles for breakfast the last few Sundays.
 
beIN strikes again. Amstel was working fine, now all I get is 'Poor Signal' so am watching on cyclinghub.tv with Frig**Ng commercials.....

2 hour recap show on beIN TV tomorrow, check your listings!

EDIT: It is back, down for 20 minutes :(
 
I'm thinking about getting an NBC Sports Gold subscription (US$29) in time for the Tour. I intend to use their iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV apps for streaming; has anyone tried these? Are they reliable?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY