• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TV coverage USA

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I am watching all different sport on "livestream365.com" works fine. Gave up on TV, seems like we here in the USA is back at the stoneage when it comes to showing cycling among other things...Sometimes you can watch it on NBC in between all the commercials, horrible...they also still uses these knuckleheads as commentators. Every four years you are being reminded that NBC still exist due to the Olympics. So sad!!!

Re:

AlexNYC said:
I'm thinking about getting an NBC Sports Gold subscription (US$29) in time for the Tour. I intend to use their iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV apps for streaming; has anyone tried these? Are they reliable?

I took the plunge and bought the subscription tonight. FWIW, the Apple TV app is excellent at first sight. If the iPhone and iPad apps are as good, I'll be extremely happy.

ski

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
NBC sports gold - This is a one year package you might want to pay attention to the annual year they use - "The NBC Sports Gold Cycling Pass subscription period is July 02, 2016 – June 30, 2017." In otherwords just in time for the Tour de France starting this Saturday.

A fair price for Tour de France, and Vuelta and whatever other races that are included but not listed on their website - but a total of 15!. (So far we know that it also includes the Tour, Vuelta, Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix, Liege-Bastogne-Liege and Tour de Suisse)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
Does anyone know if NBCSN is still showing the Tour stage multiple times through out the day like they used too? Or is it just them showing it live then the prime time at night?
It is showing them live, then again during the afternoon and at night. Or at least that is what my scheduled recordings tells me on my DVR.

Re:

ski said:
NBC sports gold - This is a one year package you might want to pay attention to the annual year they use - "The NBC Sports Gold Cycling Pass subscription period is July 02, 2016 – June 30, 2017." In otherwords just in time for the Tour de France starting this Saturday.

A fair price for Tour de France, and Vuelta and whatever other races that are included but not listed on their website - but a total of 15!. (So far we know that it also includes the Tour, Vuelta, Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix, Liege-Bastogne-Liege and Tour de Suisse)

This is what I've been hoping for since I stopped paying for a cable subscription more than 8 years ago. It's still missing some major races, but hopefully that will change with time.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ski said:

I'm game to try this. The fact that there are no ads is a huge plus, and it includes Vuelta as well. We used Sling to watch the Giro. The only issue is that I hate the NBC announcers.

It seems like BS that to sign up for NBC Sports Gold you need to agree to the following statement:

"You agree to receive updates, alerts and promotions from NBC Sports Gold and that NBC Sports Gold may share information about you and your viewing choices with our marketing partners so that they may contact you by email or otherwise about their products or services."

Well I had a very unpleasant surprise yesterday. As a tv channel subscriber I have been able to watch the races on NBC Live streaming at will. Yesterday was the first time I tried as I wasn't home for the stage only to find out I had to Pay to see the TdF!!! WTH!!!! I had to buy a Gold package. Heck I pay every month for their channel. So I ended up watching a pirated RAI stream in Italian until I got home in time for the final 30km. What a Ripoff!!!

Carols said:
Well I had a very unpleasant surprise yesterday. As a tv channel subscriber I have been able to watch the races on NBC Live streaming at will. Yesterday was the first time I tried as I wasn't home for the stage only to find out I had to Pay to see the TdF!!! WTH!!!! I had to buy a Gold package. Heck I pay every month for their channel. So I ended up watching a pirated RAI stream in Italian until I got home in time for the final 30km. What a Ripoff!!!

I'm not a cable subscriber, but I think you have access to what's shown on cable via the NBC SN app. Did you try that?

Re:

AlexNYC said:
Carols said:

I'm not a cable subscriber, but I think you have access to what's shown on cable via the NBC SN app. Did you try that?

For years I did but not anymore I don't...unless I pay for the on-line package :(.

EDIT: I just tried the Dish Anywhere app (I have DISH) and I can see it there! Thanks DISH!
NBCSN :(