• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Formigal

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I missed this stage. Boo hoo. Sounded epic. I watched what I could from clips online.

Fair play to Contador and Quintana.

Just a point in response to Brullnux (think it was earlier in this topic). To paraphrase, he said "Quintana loses GC when he is not aggressive, wins when he is aggressive".

I think this is confusing cause and effect. He is not aggressive as he is not strong, which means he loses GC. When he is in good nick, he is strong enough to win the race and to attack.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

barmaher said:
I missed this stage. Boo hoo. Sounded epic. I watched what I could from clips online.

Can you get NBC Sports Gold where you live? It's only $20 and has unlimited replay - NO commercials!! It's so worth it. I see other people complaining in this thread about ads - no reason to sit through ads when for $20 you can eliminate.

I finally finished watching this stage last night. My husband and I sat down to watch it on Monday and fast-forwarded through the first hour then realized, wait, WHAT? Back to the start to watch the whole thing. I don't think I've ever seen a stage where I was on edge for nearly the whole thing. One of my favorite stages of any race, ever. So great, worth watching again.

I feel like Vuelta is giving us what we'd hoped for at the Tour. Between Kruijswijk hitting a snow bank at the Giro and this, these are the races to watch!

Re: Re:

CatsNK said:
barmaher said:

Can you get NBC Sports Gold where you live? It's only $20 and has unlimited replay - NO commercials!! It's so worth it. I see other people complaining in this thread about ads - no reason to sit through ads when for $20 you can eliminate.

I finally finished watching this stage last night. My husband and I sat down to watch it on Monday and fast-forwarded through the first hour then realized, wait, WHAT? Back to the start to watch the whole thing. I don't think I've ever seen a stage where I was on edge for nearly the whole thing. One of my favorite stages of any race, ever. So great, worth watching again.

I feel like Vuelta is giving us what we'd hoped for at the Tour. Between Kruijswijk hitting a snow bank at the Giro and this, these are the races to watch!

or you can just go to youtube and get it. Quick google search will get you to sites that allow youtube video downloads. Took me about 10 minutes to have the whole stage downloaded for me to keep forever and ever

I'm still buzzing from this stage. This year we have seen some brilliant racing. PR, Giro stage 19, ORR and this stage all being 10/10. Nay, 14/10. This sport giveth and this sport taketh. The prospect of these states make all the shite stages worth it.

Re:

jsem94 said:
I'm still buzzing from this stage. This year we have seen some brilliant racing. PR, Giro stage 19, ORR and this stage all being 10/10. Nay, 14/10. This sport giveth and this sport taketh. The prospect of these states make all the shite stages worth it.

Yeah, we have seen some incredible stages/races this year, but the Ardennes and the Tour (not surprisingly) have been pretty terrible.

I never was able to find Contador's attack in 2012 only saw the portion that aired. That was amazing.
Contador attack in Alpe D'Huez back in the days when the Shlecks were there was also interesting. He was way out of contention and all the riders panicked once he went. This stage, however, beats them all. The whole stage is available, including the announcements, the neutral zone, etc.
It's short enough that its worth watching the whole thing. It shows team tactics, team reactions, like the two sky guys that are in the front group and drop back to help, shows how quickly the chess game started and how quickly teams reacted. Commentators stating how crazy this is and how it will probably be in vain. The reason is such a great stage? you can watch it over and over again and focus on different teams each time. See how sky reacts (they did try, good tactics, didn't work). Watch Movistar react, how they disrupt the chasing group and mark other GC leaders. Contador did the same in 2012, had a teammate behind Alejandro and another one behind Purito. My favorite to watch in this stage is Gianluca Brambilla. He starts the whole thing, has a teammate with him and eventually wins the stage.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

jsem94 said:

Totally agree! 14/10 indeed!

Re:

jsem94 said:
And there was also Paris-Nice, Pais Vasco and basically all cobbles classics. Pretty good year for sure, but then again we had this july... :eek:

Re:

Escarabajo said:
TVE has it on Youtube 100%. Minimal commercials.

Delgado called it from before the start. He saw the same thing that I saw. A short hilly stage after a long queen stage is a recipe for disaster.

Can someone paste the link to the TVE broadcast? I've watched the stage a couple of times via NBC Sports Gold, but I'd really like to hear the TVE commentary.

AlexNYC said:
Escarabajo said:

Delgado called it from before the start. He saw the same thing that I saw. A short hilly stage after a long queen stage is a recipe for disaster.

Can someone paste the link to the TVE broadcast? I've watched the stage a couple of times via NBC Sports Gold, but I'd really like to hear the TVE commentary.
http://www.rtve.es/m/alacarta/videos/vuelta-ciclista-a-espana/etapa-15-vuelta-ciclista-espana-2016-sabinanigo-sallent-gallego-aramon-formigal/3710178/?media=tve
It is georestricted though, and lately I can't get past the restriction anymore using Hola :(

LaFlorecita said:
AlexNYC said:
Escarabajo said:

http://www.rtve.es/m/alacarta/videos/vuelta-ciclista-a-espana/etapa-15-vuelta-ciclista-espana-2016-sabinanigo-sallent-gallego-aramon-formigal/3710178/?media=tve
It is georestricted though, and lately I can't get past the restriction anymore using Hola :(

Thanks anyway :( I'll dig around YouTube

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Somehow I always end up on holiday during the Vuelta so I just watched this in full now when I'm back home again, anyhow, holy crap what a stage this was. Kudos to Contador/Tinkoff and Moviestar/Quintana for this amazing performance.

This stages makes me love cycling.

Sorry for bringing this old post to life but I couldent help myself :O

Re:

Deadbody said:
Somehow I always end up on holiday during the Vuelta so I just watched this in full now when I'm back home again, anyhow, holy crap what a stage this was. Kudos to Contador/Tinkoff and Moviestar/Quintana for this amazing performance.

No apology required.

I like how you put Contador before his team but not Quintana :D

Re:

Deadbody said:

This stage is worth bringing back to life.

TRENDING THREADS