• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 7: Maceda > Puebla de Sanabria

ATgbagl.jpg

z4yCoji.png

Km 25.3 - Pto de Allariz - 6.8 km a 4.4% - categoría 3
Km 80.5 - Alto de Fumaces - 11.2 km a 4.3% - categoría 3
Km 122 - Alto de La Canda - 4 km a 4,3 % (uncategorized)
Km 140.0 - Alto de Padornelo - 7 km a 3.2% - categoría 3

Y0sASwC.jpg

The Vuelta a Galicia is coming to an end as they'll leave the region and head to Castilla y León. It looks like a decent stage for a break, though maybe a few teams might fancy their fast guy with some climbing legs like Felline. 60/40 chance in favour of a break.

Puebla de Sanabria also hosted a stage finish in 2013 (stage profile here), won by Matthews from a bunch sprint. Though now the finish is at the town itself (where the intermediate sprint was in 2013) instead of the Lago de Sanabria, approximately 10 kms north.

Top-10 GC
1. ATAPUMA Darwin 32 BMC RACING TEAM 21h 45' 21''
2. VALVERDE Alejandro 1 MOVISTAR TEAM 21h 45' 49'' + 00' 28''
3. FROOME Christopher 21 TEAM SKY 21h 45' 53'' + 00' 32''
4. QUINTANA Nairo 7 MOVISTAR TEAM 21h 45' 59'' + 00' 38''
5. CHAVES Johan Esteban 51 ORICA BIKEEXCHANGE 21h 45' 59'' + 00' 38''
6. SANCHEZ GONZALEZ Samuel 37 BMC RACING TEAM 21h 46' 28'' + 01' 07''
7. KONIG Leopold 26 TEAM SKY 21h 46' 33'' + 01' 12''
8. KENNAUGH Peter 24 TEAM SKY 21h 46' 35'' + 01' 14''
9. BRAMBILLA Gianluca 131 ETIXX - QUICK STEP 21h 46' 43'' + 01' 22''
10. YATES Simon 59 ORICA BIKEEXCHANGE 21h 46' 49'' + 01' 28''

Abandons
BARGUIL Warren (Giant)- stage 3 DNF
REYNES Vicente(IAM) - stage 4 DNF
ZURLO Federico (Lampre)- stage 4 DNF
MAS Luis (Caja Rural) - stage 5 DNS
FISCHER Murilo(FDJ) - stage 5 DNF
KRUIJSWIJK Steven (LottoNL) - stage 5 DNF
MINARD Sébastien (AG2R) - stage 6 DNS
KISERLOVSKI Robert (Tinkoff) - stage 6 DNS
LÓPEZ Miguel Ángel- stage 6 DNF

Re: Re:

Flamin said:
ice&fire said:
The stage shares its last 60-70 kms with the stage to Lago de Sanabria from the 2013 Vuelta that Michael Mathews won. Unlike today's stage, it's all on wide roads.

Last 51km, from A Gudiña to Puebla de Sanabria.

It's a tricky finish though.
It can be tricky because of turns or narrow streets at the end but there's nothing else. Meersman was 3rd in 2013.

Re: Re:

ice&fire said:
Flamin said:
ice&fire said:
The stage shares its last 60-70 kms with the stage to Lago de Sanabria from the 2013 Vuelta that Michael Mathews won. Unlike today's stage, it's all on wide roads.

Last 51km, from A Gudiña to Puebla de Sanabria.

It's a tricky finish though.
It can be tricky because of turns or narrow streets at the end but there's nothing else. Meersman was 3rd in 2013.

Yeah that's what I meant. Left-hander over a bridge and then immediately left again into a narrow street, all inside the last 500m.

Re:

ice&fire said:

The Vuelta has incorporated some very good roads (read: narrow and twisty) on stage 2, 3 and today. Chapeau.

But these can be difficult to find methinks.

Anyway the break should win this one.

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
There is Si Clarke meerkatting at the back just for the time being. Just dwelling on Si Clarke ever so slightly, he is pretty handy on a day such as this, I think it's fair to say. Today's stage is a proper test, a peaky day, and Si Clarke wants a piece of the day, I'll be bound. He can have a little bit of fun in this kind of terrain, let's not forget. He goes well in this part of the world, rocking and rolling, and rolling with the punches.

And Si Clarke is rolling off the nose! Good boy! I thought he was going to win Milano-Sanremo, to be honest. Si Clarke is in his pomp! He engages the incline on this little ramplet. This is a nasty little kick but Si Clarke is not to be denied when he's in this kind of mood, let's put it that way. He's spinning it up like a good'un! He's investing some energy on this flatt-ER section. He goes puppy-paw styley to get some aero. The quick men are coming after him but he's equal to it! He's coming to the line, he's going to do it Sean, he says 'thank you very much'. He's done it! YES!! You beauty!!! ... I enjoyed that Sean.

Re:

drj12 said:
There is Si Clarke meerkatting at the back just for the time being. Just dwelling on Si Clarke ever so slightly, he is pretty handy on a day such as this, I think it's fair to say. Today's stage is a proper test, a peaky day, and Si Clarke wants a piece of the day, I'll be bound. He can have a little bit of fun in this kind of terrain, let's not forget. He goes well in this part of the world, rocking and rolling, and rolling with the punches.

And Si Clarke is rolling off the nose! Good boy! I thought he was going to win Milano-Sanremo, to be honest. Si Clarke is in his pomp! He engages the incline on this little ramplet. This is a nasty little kick but Si Clarke is not to be denied when he's in this kind of mood, let's put it that way. He's spinning it up like a good'un! He's investing some energy on this flatt-ER section. He goes puppy-paw styley to get some aero. The quick men are coming after him but he's equal to it! He's coming to the line, he's going to do it Sean, he says 'thank you very much'. He's done it! YES!! You beauty!!! ... I enjoyed that Sean.

Quality! :lol:

Re:

drj12 said:

This is the best post I have seen on this forum