• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 8: Villalpando > La Camperona

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Miburo said:
Seriously i followed Contador for 10 years, not even prime Contador did this.

When he drops he's ****, it's the golden rule with him.

What the hell was that? :D
What happened was Froome just cracked even more. Contador only managed to gain a handful of seconds on Valverde, who was setting up Quintana on the lower part of the climb.

Movistar the only GC winners from today.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 8: Villalpando > La Camperon

Great race !, Better than entire Tour GC wise. Contador showing his metal, fantastic. Gonna be a great race

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Miburo said:
Seriously i followed Contador for 10 years, not even prime Contador did this.

When he drops he's ****, it's the golden rule with him.

What the hell was that? :D
What happened was Froome just cracked even more. Contador only managed to gain a handful of seconds on Valverde, who was setting up Quintana on the lower part of the climb.

Movistar the only GC winners from today.

He was just slowing it down at the front. Come on, not everything Bala does is in service of Quintana.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Did Froome just explod on the climb? Contador was performing excellent considering he crashed yesterday. Quintana looked really good. Chavez.. i'm a bit disappointed. Too steep for him? Yates wasn't that bad.. helped Contador to bridge to Froome.

Froome wouldn't ride like that in the Tour, which is understandable if he wants to limit his losses, but he felt good enough to attack? Worked at Cumbre del Sol last year I guess

Quintana mighty impressive, will be interesting to see whether his form drops off in the final week

Jelantik said:
Did Froome just exploded on the climb? Contador was performing excellent considering he crashed yesterday. Quintana looked really good. Chavez.. i'm a bit disappointed. Too steep for him? Yates wasn't that bad.. helped Contador to bridge to Froome.

Froome looked terrible towards the end, pedalling like a father on a Sunday bike ride with his children. Just cracked.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Froome wouldn't ride like that in the Tour, which is understandable if he wants to limit his losses, but he felt good enough to attack? Worked at Cumbre del Sol last year I guess

Quintana mighty impressive, will be interesting to see whether his form drops off in the final week

Froome is the most confident rider and aggressive GC rider in the peloton. He felt strong enough and committed fully to an attack, the others as ever merely reacting. He blew up in the end but gave it a good go.

Pantani Attacks said:
Jelantik said:
Did Froome just exploded on the climb? Contador was performing excellent considering he crashed yesterday. Quintana looked really good. Chavez.. i'm a bit disappointed. Too steep for him? Yates wasn't that bad.. helped Contador to bridge to Froome.

Froome looked terrible towards the end, pedalling like a father on a Sunday bike ride with his children. Just cracked.
If the GPS time gaps were accurate (big if), Froome lost about 20 seconds to Quintana in the last 150m. Quintana was hardly sprinting, Froome just absolutely cracked.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

sir fly said:
We have a race.

Quintana looks like a favourite to me now.
Froome wanted more than he's been able to. Contador very strong.

Seems like we'll see the truel, after all.

It's very hard to see Froome getting stronger relative to Quintana. Quintana is much better prepared, not having done Rio, and considered to have the better recovery anyway.

TRENDING THREADS