2016 Vuelta, stage 6: Monforte de Lemos > Luintra/Ribeira

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Miburo said:
I expect a Contador attack

No point in attacking yet. Kennaugh would give him 50m and then slowly pull him back. And if Sky decide to bluff/preserve strength then there is far stronger Movistar train. He should just conserve energy and hope he can wheelsuck his way to victory and gain time in ITT where Froome should fade already after Tour/Rio.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Re: Re:

damian13ster said:
Miburo said:
I expect a Contador attack

No point in attacking yet. Kennaugh would give him 50m and then slowly pull him back. And if Sky decide to bluff/preserve strength then there is far stronger Movistar train. He should just conserve energy and hope he can wheelsuck his way to victory and gain time in ITT where Froome should fade already after Tour/Rio.
Euh i wasn't talking about majka?
 
Re: Re:

Billie said:
damian13ster said:
Yes, you were talking about pre-ban Contador though. The guy you are talking about doesnt exist since 2012.

Contador has been same rider pre and post ban in Spain and Italy. It's in France where there is a difference.
Not in last couple of years. I think only once in Giro 2015 he has shown bravado and that was on Mortirolo (not coming back because peleton was going really slow then, but the fact that he attacked with Kruijswijk after coming back), and got punished for that by being dropped badly on a false flat by Landa. In Vuelta 2014 he was strong. Really good in ITT but then lacked balls to actually stick it to Froome and attack. Instead we saw him wheelsucking all the way up just to attack in the last km. It was sensible tactic back then and it is only sensible tactic for him now. Thats why I dont criticize a cyclist for that, but posts such as the one by Miburo to which I replied make zero sense and show that he is still in denial about Contador post 2012
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Re:

damian13ster said:
Yes, you were talking about pre-ban Contador though. The guy you are talking about doesnt exist since 2012.
2 vuelta's, 1 giro, 2 basque, 1 TA.

Crashed twice in the tour, and rode the giro once. When will you start making any good arguments?
 
Re: Re:

damian13ster said:
Billie said:
damian13ster said:
Yes, you were talking about pre-ban Contador though. The guy you are talking about doesnt exist since 2012.

Contador has been same rider pre and post ban in Spain and Italy. It's in France where there is a difference.
Not in last couple of years. I think only once in Giro 2015 he has shown bravado and that was on Mortirolo (not coming back because peleton was going really slow then, but the fact that he attacked with Kruijswijk after coming back), and got punished for that by being dropped badly on a false flat by Landa. In Vuelta 2014 he was strong. Really good in ITT but then lacked balls to actually stick it to Froome and attack. Instead we saw him wheelsucking all the way up just to attack in the last km. It was sensible tactic back then and it is only sensible tactic for him now. Thats why I dont criticize a cyclist for that, but posts such as the one by Miburo to which I replied make zero sense and show that he is still in denial about Contador post 2012
Miburo is often in denial, but in this case you are. Actually I think post ban Contador is even more attacking than pre ban Contador. He won his first gt after his ban with a long range attack on a medium mountain stage. He won the Tirreno Adriatico one year later with a long range attack. He attacked a lot in the giro last year on every kind of stage, he just wasn't overly strong. He even attacked quite a lot in the tdf, but his attacks were even weaker. What about his attacks in Paris Nice and the Dauphine this year? The only thing Miburo said is that he expects Contador to attack. He didn't even write "Contador is going to gain minutes on this stage", he just wrote that he thinks Contador will try something.
 
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Netserk said:
It's not like Contador attacked this year in Nice...
Or the dauphine
Correct. The talk is about GTs though, not prep races. And although he does get the results against weaker competition in GTs, it is not by long range and surprising attacks. It is by ITT and following wheels and sprinting in last km or by getting dropped and just holding on to advantage from time trial
 
Re: Re:

damian13ster said:
Miburo said:
Netserk said:
It's not like Contador attacked this year in Nice...
Or the dauphine
Correct. The talk is about GTs though, not prep races. And although he does get the results against weaker competition in GTs, it is not by long range and surprising attacks. It is by ITT and following wheels and sprinting in last km or by getting dropped and just holding on to advantage from time trial
I don't know why you think this is only about gt's, but anyway this simply isn't true.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY