• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 season riders schedule

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Nirvana said:
GP Blanco said:
Plus Navardauskas does not have, at this moment, team mates who are better suited for this races. Which means he can go all in for himself.
There is Haussler. And i think he's the designated leader for cobbled races.
Haussler has become more of a Roubaix guy, he's not as strong on the climbs as he used to be, from what I've hear Navardauskas and Colbrelli will get opportunities to ride for themself in the cobbled classics in Belgium.
When he signed he said he chose Bahrain to be the team leader in the classics.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/haussler-holding-out-for-big-classics-victory/

Nirvana said:
GP Blanco said:
Plus Navardauskas does not have, at this moment, team mates who are better suited for this races. Which means he can go all in for himself.
There is Haussler. And i think he's the designated leader for cobbled races.

Haussler didn't have a great winter which is a big must to be at toplevel at the Flemish races. He crashed in November and struggled with his knee since then. He got only operated in January.. so not the best preparation for the new season.

http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/225605/knieblessure-houdt-heinrich-haussler-van-de-fiets.html

It's a new team, with no clear pecking order and some of these guys have never had the chance to ride for themselves in important races. I don't think Haussler can be the sole captain for the Classics, although he's their best bet to get results.

Greipel

26.01.2017 – 29.01.2017 Playa de Palma Mallorca Challenge
11.02.2017 Clásica de Almería
12.02.2017 Vuelta Cyclista Murcia
15.02.2017 – 19.02.2017 Algarve Rundfahrt
26.02.2017 Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne
05.03.2017 – 12.03.2017 Paris-Nizza
20.03.2017 – 26.03.2017 Katalonien-Rundfahrt
02.04.2017 Flandern-Rundfahrt
05.04.2017 Scheldeprijs
09.04.2017 Paris – Roubaix
01.05.2017 Eschborn-Frankfurt Rund um den Finanzplatz
06.05.2017 – 31.05.2017 Giro d’Italia

http://andregreipel.de/de/rennkalender/

He changed the second part of march compared to recent years with Catalonia instead of Sanremo, Gent-Wevelgem and De Panne and no Turkey before the Giro.

I don't know if it has been posted in this thread, but Gilbert is gonna ride all the cobbles and skip the Ardennes (I stil suppose he is gonna ride Amstel?) Imagine a team consisting of Stybar, Terpstra, Boonen, Gilbert, Gaviria, Trentin, Lampaert and.... Vermote? Auch..

A hardpan like Greipel should have been able to do better in MSR over the years, but probably wise to skip them that he know he he past his prime.

Gilbert is hoping to ride all the cobble classics. I don't think he can, it's just not possible in this team. I don't think he will do races like Kuurne, Dwars door Vlaanderen, Gent-Wevelgem and Roubaix. He will ride Amstel & the Ardennes together with Alaphilippe & Martin.

I think Gaviria will do races like Kuurne, Dwars door Vlaanderen, Gent-Wevelgem, Scheldeprijs & Roubaix.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
According to La Gazzetta Ganna will skip the RVV and Paris- Roubaix because of the Track WC. Him not riding the Ronde as a neopro isn't a problem, but I still wanted to see him on the Roubaix cobbles.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
According to La Gazzetta Ganna will skip the RVV and Paris- Roubaix because of the Track WC. Him not riding the Ronde as a neopro isn't a problem, but I still wanted to see him on the Roubaix cobbles.
UAE has also Troia that is very strong on the cobbles, last year was instrumental for the win of Ganna in the Under-23 Roubaix working and selecting the break and then chasing the attacks before the Ganna's one.

Re:

SafeBet said:
Yates are going to the Giro then?

That's my understanding - Probably one will double up in the TDF and the Vuelta - Unsure who has the Giro as there number one target - They should have decent support in the Giro - Plaza, Verona and Haig to help in the mountains - Probably Bewley and Tuft will ride the wind - Ewan for the sprint with help from Mezgec and Kluge - I understand Cort is not riding the TDF and will probaby be reserved for the Vuelta

The most interesting thing is the GC field will be deeper at the Giro but you will still probably find the stronger teams at the TDF.

yaco said:
SafeBet said:
Yates are going to the Giro then?

That's my understanding - Probably one will double up in the TDF and the Vuelta - Unsure who has the Giro as there number one target - They should have decent support in the Giro - Plaza, Verona and Haig to help in the mountains - Probably Bewley and Tuft will ride the wind - Ewan for the sprint with help from Mezgec and Kluge - I understand Cort is not riding the TDF and will probaby be reserved for the Vuelta

The most interesting thing is the GC field will be deeper at the Giro but you will still probably find the stronger teams at the TDF.
The field is deeper in the Giro, but the top-end level in the Tour will still be one level higher with Froome, Quintana, Contador, Porte, Chaves and Bardet. Thats basically the best 6 GT-riders at the moment, excluding the two Italians.

However, besides those riders, the rest of the top-10 is up for grabs.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Ulissi will race the Tour instead of the Giro and Paris-Nice instead of Tirreno-Adriatico.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs0wwmTZy7A
Smart regarding P-N, he has at least 2 stages that are really good for him (Fayence and Nice) and T-A usually attracts the by far best punchers/classic types. Regarding the Tour, I really don't know - its a shame the Italians like Trentin, Brambilla and Ulissi will skip the race. Doesn't really do it justice, but on the other hand, Ulissi has plenty of Giro stages, I understand the decision.

Lopez is coming to Europe for Doctor's check up. He will pick up his team gear and come back to Colombia again. Tour is the big target. Especially with this injury he needs more time to get more strength on his legs and the Tour the France fits that timing.

http://www.revistamundociclistico.com/ruta/22556-miguel-angel-lopez-se-desplaza-a-europa-este-martes.html

Miguel-Angel-Lopez-Fractura-Nov16x720.jpg

Oliver said:
Valv.Piti said:
DNP-Old said:
Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:

By the way, any news of M.A. Lopez?
Tour de France.
Yes, that I know. I thought about when he'd start his season :)

Start @ Turkey (When it's delayed = Kroatië)
Then Californië and Suisse before Tour de France
Thanks! Really hoping he has no setbacks. Very important not to rush into it and some great races to get going.

TRENDING THREADS