• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 season riders schedule

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

MatParker117 said:
yaco said:
TDF will be a learning experience for Lopez - A top 10 result will be outstanding, though its more likely to be top 20.

Screw GC, mountain breaks would be ideal.
I think thats the goal, but even in year 1, Lopez still has a higher GC-ceiling than Fuglsang. I guess it depends on how well Lopez goes in TdS - no need to lose time on purpose if you feel like chasing a top 6-8 and has the legs for it. Which I believe he will have. He needs to get some GC experience in after crashing out of the Vuelta last year.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
According to an interview with La Gazzetta Colbrelli will skip the Giro (he's a sorry abou it, but the Giro team will be all about Nibali) and ride the Tour and he's dreaming of winning one or two stages. The finish of the Longwy stage would be perfect for him.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
According to an interview with La Gazzetta Colbrelli will skip the Giro (he's a sorry abou it, but the Giro team will be all about Nibali) and ride the Tour and he's dreaming of winning one or two stages. The finish of the Longwy stage would be perfect for him.
He has no chance, there are too many riders stronger than him in a uphill finish.
For Longwy he should be in a group without at least Sagan, van Avermaet, Boasson Hagen, Matthews, Alaphilippe, Valverde, Ulissi, Martin, Degenkolb if he want to win.

Nirvana said:
Mayomaniac said:
He has no chance, there are too many riders stronger than him in a uphill finish.
For Longwy he should be in a group without at least Sagan, van Avermaet, Boasson Hagen, Matthews, Alaphilippe, Valverde, Ulissi, Martin, Degenkolb if he want to win.
Agree.

I don't really understand all these very good, but not great Italians riding the Tour this year. Kinda disappointing.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
When it comes to Colbrelli it's mainly the team that wants to fully support Nibali at the Giro, so he gets to ride his first Tour de France and his first RVV (as a learning experience).

Bet365 prices:

2.50 Quintana
5.00 Nibali
8.00 Steven K
10.00 Landa
11.00 Mollema
12.00 Aru
14.00 Dumoulin
17.00 Adam Yates
19.00 Pinot
21.00 G. Thomas
21.00 TJ
26.00 Zakarin
41.00 Simon Yates
51.00 König
67.00 Jungels
81.00 Pozzovivo
101.00 Amador
126.00 Rohan Dennis
151.00 Rui Costa
201.00 Formolo

The only italian that could do well at the Tour it's Ulissi, i think he could win a stage if he goes in the breaks or try to get a good place in the GC (top 15 or also better if he survives well in stage nine).

Last year at the Giro we've seen that in stages with two climbs like Andalo and Risoul he can stay with the top GC guys, his problem it's that he can't cope with multi climb stages like Corvara and the day before where at the third/fourth climb he fades away rapidly but at the next year Tour there is only one stage (stage 9) that features four hard climb. Stages like PDBF (only one climb), Station des Rousses (a cote + one climb), Izoard (two climbs) are perfect for him and at the Tour the riding style is also more conservative until the last climb compared to the Giro.

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Ikbengodniet said:
ingemann1996 said:
Does anyone know the program and aims for Gallopin in 2017?

He will ride the Flanders Classics this year instead of the Ardennes. He is scheduled for Algarve and I think he will race Paris-Nice and Pays Basque and Tour for sure.

Could he be going for GC this year? The course seems to great for him

Moreno Moser schedule: Algarve, SB, Tirreno, MSR, Croatia and Giro.

No Ardennes classics for the 4th consecutive year, which doesn't make any sense to me.
It's surely also his fault, but he has been managed terribly by Cannondale and now Astana..

nuvolablu said:
Moreno Moser schedule: Algarve, SB, Tirreno, MSR, Croatia and Giro.

No Ardennes classics for the 4th consecutive year, which doesn't make any sense to me.

He explained it a couple of months ago when he said he'd be doing those races.
He'll simply be mirroring Aru's schedule after February. He'll have no individual ambitions, will just be a domestique.

Understandable he won't do the Giro considering that huge classics season. Looking forward to see how he will do in the flemish classics, thats not exactly Degenkolb's speciality so he should be able to get some freedom along with Stuyven if he indeed does well.

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Anyone knows the program of Katusha's Mads Würtz Schmidt? Will he ride the Flemish races in the spring campaign? He looked very strong in Bessèges.

TRENDING THREADS