• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Strade Bianche, March 4th, 175 km WT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
Interesting thing is that Strade wasn't supposed to be in his program but rather GP Larciano which is on Sunday. In terms of preparation for Giro, Larciano route looks more fitting so it's anyone's guess why he chose Strade. Maybe he'll do both, maybe he feels he can do something on Saturday we don't know yet but he is the team leader.
Larciano is in Tuscany as well, so logistically there would be no problem in riding both.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Sagan is the prime pick, but only if he follow moves and save himself for the finale. If he's relatively fresh at the end, no Stybar or GVA will beat him on that finish. But, if he makes a race, like he did it for last 2-3 years, he'll be empty and someone else will win it. Diego Rosa might do well...

No-one gives Vakoc a chance? I know his form is a bit unknown, but he looked the strongest rider in the race last year apart from the first four. Maybe even stronger, considering his hands were somewhat tied with Stybar and Brambilla up the road.

ice&fire said:
Gigs_98 said:
portugal11 said:
I'm excited to see boom attacking on wet sterratto
If the sterrato is wet. Didn't weather forecasts predict dry weather? :confused:
There is some chance of showers in most forecasts (60%-70% probability)
http://www.accuweather.com/en/it/siena/216196/weekend-weather/216196
oh-yes.gif

Tonton said:
Breh said:
Any coverage from French or German television? I really dont want to watch via Eurosport.
Why? You don't want Kirby calling Reichenbach's win? ;)

More realistically...

1. Sagan
2. Stybar
3. GVA
4-10 in no particular order Kwiat, Felline, Brambilla, Aru, Pinot, Vanmarcke, Benoot.
They took the RCS races away from Sporza. I don't want to encourage such behaviour. And watching France Televisions is good for my French!

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Tonton said:
Breh said:
Any coverage from French or German television? I really dont want to watch via Eurosport.

More realistically...

1. Sagan
2. Stybar
3. GVA
4-10 in no particular order Kwiat, Felline, Brambilla, Aru, Pinot, Vanmarcke, Benoot.
Aru and pinot??? They won't be in top 50

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

BigMac said:
Tonton said:
Breh said:

More realistically...

1. Sagan
2. Stybar
3. GVA

I.... what? :razz:
He is taking fanboyism to another level...

I don't think Aru is ridiculous. He finished 20th in the race 4 or 5 years ago, when he was half the rider he is today. He was in the favourites group until the foot of the last climb, and I would back him to get up it a bit quicker these days. Top 10 is realistic.

Responding to portugal11.

Pinot in the top 10 is not necessarily absurd. He has the power to do well, but his lack of experience in these kind of race will be a real disadvantage. Top 20 will be more realistic IMO.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking it will be the same podium as Omloop , though Sagan in first, then GVA followed by Sep. Should be a great race in any event. I love this time of year!

This thread really makes me wonder how prestigious this race will become. I mean it is getting ten years old and is already crazily popular. I mean there is still half a week to go and this race thread already has 4 pages, thats comparable to monuments.
And its actually not surprising. This is race is so incredibly unique, and is probably the only race which can be won by riders who are strong in cobbles classics and by riders who are strong in hilly races. I mean this is a race where people expect Aru and Vanmarcke to make it in the top ten. Can cyclists have more different skills than these two?
I really hope that in twenty or thirty years this race will be on par with races like Gent Welvegem or maybe even higher.

TRENDING THREADS