• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Tour of Oman, 14-19/02 (2.HC)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow Kudus seems to really have stepped it up this year! I was always expecting a lot of him, but after showing nothing really exceptional past years I'd actually kind of given up this year. Happy to see him doing well now though! :)

Here is your Top 15:

1.HERMANS B. BMC 03h 20' 49''
2.FARIA DA COSTA R. UAD 00' 00''
3. FUGLSANG J. AST 00' 00''
4. KUDUS M. DDD 00' 04''
5. HAAS N. DDD 00' 07''
6. DE LA CRUZ D. QST 00' 07''
7. ARU F. AST 00' 07''
8. ACEVEDO CALLE J. UHC 00' 07''
9. VAN AVERMAET G. BMC 00' 07''
10. BARDET R. ALM 00' 07''
11. FRANK M. ALM 00' 07''
12. DE PLUS L. QST 00' 07''
13. GRMAY T. TBM 00' 07''
14. MORTON L. DDD 00' 12''
15. ANDERSEN S. SUN 00' 17''

Re:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Wow Kudus seems to really have stepped it up this year! I was always expecting a lot of him, but after showing nothing really exceptional past years I'd actually kind of given up this year. Happy to see him doing well now though! :)
He look good this year, but he was good early on last year as well but then we never saw him again after February.

The results seems quite strange based on following the Twitter updates and the stage profile. Lasse Norman Hansen was caught with approx 3 kms remaining. Still he managed to lose over 3 minutes on a flat/downhil run in to the finish line. Also the top 20 on the stage classification would indicate an uphill finish???

Re:

vladimir said:
The results seems quite strange based on following the Twitter updates and the stage profile. Lasse Norman Hansen was caught with approx 3 kms remaining. Still he managed to lose over 3 minutes on a flat/downhil run in to the finish line. Also the top 20 on the stage classification would indicate an uphill finish???

It was an uphill finish. The last 4k's were scrapped and they finished on top of the final climb.

Re: Re:

Ricco' said:
vladimir said:

It was an uphill finish. The last 4k's were scrapped and they finished on top of the final climb.

Thanks, then it makes perfect sense :razz:

Ricco' said:
vladimir said:

Do you know why?

Netserk said:
Ricco' said:
vladimir said:

Do you know why?

Unfortunately, no.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Another bonus seconds for Rui Costa.

I don't see him losing this race.
I agree Costa is probably the best bet for the overall win now, but I would not discount Hermans and Fuglsang. Hermans is in the shape of his life as he also showed in Andalucia, while Fuglsang did really well on the Green Mountain last year. Bardet is also just 21 seconds behind and in his best shape (which he is not quite at yet) he is arguably a better climber than Costa.

Awesome with another Danish win today!

Re:

Velolover2 said:
Ben Hermans will surprise us tomorrow. He is a puncher but good on very steep gradients. And Green Mountain isn't that long.

I remember him being really good on Powder Mountain a couple of years ago.

Hermans raced on a pretty similar climb just two weeks ago, you know ;)

He did well there too and Green Mountain should suit him a bit better so who knows. Gonna be difficult though.

TRENDING THREADS