• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Tour of the Alps / Giro del Trentino 17/04 - 21/04

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

SafeBet said:
Landa leading the group for almost 40 km now and closing every attack. Kiryienka stuff.

Landa seems to have ridden himself into very good form. When he needed to, G coped with the attacks on the final hill without any problem. A nice win :)

When it comes to the final week of the Giro, much as I love G, I think the roles will be reversed and am hoping for a showdown between Quintana, the Shark, Crushtheweak and Landa.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Shame on Caruso and Formolo (or should I say shame on BMC and Cannondale).
Happy for Cunego, his form seems to be nice and what a ride by Bernal.
Celano is still a bit odd, but let's not forget that he was already 17th on gc last year, right behind Bernal and ahead of Dani Martinez. He only started riding at age 17, so maybe he's just a late bloomer.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Celano is still a bit odd, but let's not forget that he was already 17th on gc last year, right behind Bernal and ahead of Dani Martinez. He only started riding at age 17, so maybe he's just a late bloomer.

yeah, I'm miffed at the lost CQ game points :)

Anybody know the deal with Danilo Celano? 27yr old, seems he was an amateur for years then stepped up to Amore e Vita last year and is having a great few weeks at Coppi e Bartali, Appennino and this race.

Don't think I ever saw his name before this March.

Re: Re:

armchairclimber said:
Mayomaniac said:

yeah, I'm miffed at the lost CQ game points :)

Surely you will be pleased with their LBL cq points :razz:

Re:

luckyboy said:
Anybody know the deal with Danilo Celano? 27yr old, seems he was an amateur for years then stepped up to Amore e Vita last year and is having a great few weeks at Coppi e Bartali, Appennino and this race.

Don't think I ever saw his name before this March.

the same applies to me. Basically all (of interest) I could find is, that Fanini did a test when he signed him in 2015 and said that Celano could become the best Italian climber there is, as his numbers were phenomenal.

http://www.lagazzettadilucca.it/sport/2015/12/danilo-celano-quando-la-strada-si-fa-dura-lui-ci-sara/

G hung on to win, but Landa was pulling back the attacks - scenario for the Giro maybe? 2 ITTs in the Giro would make me think G's the probable team leader.
Pinot to go for green jersey at TdF?! :)

Crazy ride by Bernal - your sponsors will love you!

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Anybody knows anything about Celano? he was up there with the best climbers every day!

PD.: I just noticed somebody else posted similar question.
He already was 17th on gc in the 2016 edition of the Giro del Trentino, right behind Bernal and ahead of Dani Martinez.
I have to admit that I never really noticed him before March, but that performance in 2016 was already pretty solid and he had a great season in 2015, before turning pro. http://firstcycling.com/rider.php?r=32032&y=2015
Maybe he's really just a late bloomer, who knows?