• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 USA TV Schedule

NBCSports and cycling.tv have released their schedule but nothing from beIN. Strade Bianche wasn't shown either streaming, on tv live of even a recap show. There seems to be nothing on the schedule for Tirreno-Adriatico either. beIN did all the RCS races in previous years so are we even getting the Giro???? The other 2 don't list it!

Every year it just gets worse here :(.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm really worried that Bein won't have the Giro. It also looks like they won't broadcast Flanders on tv, online only.
http://www.steephill.tv/classics/tour-of-flanders/#tv-schedule

http://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule
As for NBC Sports: the only same day coverage is Paris-Roubaix? :rolleyes:
I didn't see the Tour on their schedule either; anyone know anything about that!?!
Also, according to steephill.tv Tour de Suisse is online and highlights on Universal HD.
Universal HD will also have the Vuelta.

Pickings getting pretty slim here in the U.S. :redface:

ChuckyB said:
I'm really worried that Bein won't have the Giro. It also looks like they won't broadcast Flanders on tv, online only.
http://www.steephill.tv/classics/tour-of-flanders/#tv-schedule

http://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule
As for NBC Sports: the only same day coverage is Paris-Roubaix? :rolleyes:
I didn't see the Tour on their schedule either; anyone know anything about that!?!
Also, according to steephill.tv Tour de Suisse is online and highlights on Universal HD.
Universal HD will also have the Vuelta.

Pickings getting pretty slim here in the U.S. :redface:

I'm worried beIN won't be carrying Any cycling :(. That Flanders link is 2016, if you look at 2016 T-A beIN is there. But No T-A this year :(

We'll see if they carry MSR. If Not I think we're going to totally out of luck on any RCS races....

NBCSN will that the Tour, don't worry about that! But the Giro may have no coverage at all in the USA, I fear.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Well our fears have come true. I emailed Bein asking if they were broadcasting cycling on TV this year and they said they "do not have any cycling events for 2017".
So for TV we have Paris- Roubaix, I assume The Tour, and the Vuelta (Universal HD). Fox has been carring the Tour of Utah, but we'll see...
Bad times indeed... :redface:

ChuckyB said:
Well our fears have come true. I emailed Bein asking if they were broadcasting cycling on TV this year and they said they "do not have any cycling events for 2017".
So for TV we have Paris- Roubaix, I assume The Tour, and the Vuelta (Universal HD). Fox has been carring the Tour of Utah, but we'll see...

Oh how distressing, but thanks for the info :( It will be an awesome Giro and we get Nothing :(.

NBCsports/Universal HD will have LBL, Yorkshire, CA, Dauphine, Suisse, Tour, Vuelta, Worlds. Most of it streaming live and later on TV.

Dropping my package with beIN right now!

Carols said:
ChuckyB said:

Oh how distressing, but thanks for the info :( It will be an awesome Giro and we get Nothing :(.

NBCsports/Universal HD will have LBL, Yorkshire, CA, Dauphine, Suisse, Tour, Vuelta, Worlds. Most of it streaming live and later on TV.

Not that is a big deal to them but let them know why you're dropping them....every little bit helps send a message.

Sandisfan said:
Carols said:
ChuckyB said:

Not that is a big deal to them but let them know why you're dropping them....every little bit helps send a message.

Thanks I just wrote them an email! Told them they should have put out a press release regarding no cycling and it would have saved me $65 to subscribe to a package I never used this year and have no reason to use!

Carols said:
Sandisfan said:
Carols said:
ChuckyB said:

Thanks I just wrote them an email! Told them they should have put out a press release regarding no cycling and it would have saved me $65 to subscribe to a package I never used this year and have no reason to use!

I did receive a personalized reply that said the programming department would be notified that the reason was no cycling. If enough people say that maybe there would be cycling again!

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, peeps! I was holding out hope that beIN would be airing the Giro at least. :(((
Off to save myself $16/mo plus taxes, fees, etc. Fingers crossed tiz-cycling works instead.

I was really disappointed to discover NBC Sports has moved all of their streaming behind a paywall. The $20 fee for NBC Sports Gold seems more than reasonable, but it feels like piling on when you consider how much you already pay for a cable subscription. They are showing the replay of Paris Roubaix on television the day after, unfortunately I'm not going to be home when it airs.

Say what you will about Lance Armstrong but I sure miss the great cycling coverage his presence brought to the air.

Re:

Blakeslee said:
I was really disappointed to discover NBC Sports has moved all of their streaming behind a paywall. The $20 fee for NBC Sports Gold seems more than reasonable, but it feels like piling on when you consider how much you already pay for a cable subscription. They are showing the replay of Paris Roubaix on television the day after, unfortunately I'm not going to be home when it airs.

Say what you will about Lance Armstrong but I sure miss the great cycling coverage his presence brought to the air.

It wasn't Lance, the owner of then OLN that became Versus was a cycling fanatic. We Got All the races, classics, 1 week stage races and GTs. Lance wasn't even a rider then. When that owner sold out to Versus it has gone down hill year by year :(. Now one has to pay for both the tv channel AND streaming for a Very Limited # of races. Plus pay for the Universal HD channel to get the Vuelta on TV delayed and pay again to get it streaming. Since Universal Sports folded and beIN dropped all the RCS races + Flanders, etc. this year it is a nightmare :(. I got so used to great tv cycling coverage all on OLN that I could watch, record and make first VHS tapes and then dvds from. Now I have so very little choices for much more $$$. It is pitiful :(.

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Time to find another way to watch Pro cycling in the USA. NBC GOLD screws Paris-Roubaix viewers by ending the TV coverage with 4km's to go.

NBC doesn't care after they get the money.

I am canceling my NBC Gold subscription since I see there are other streaming options.

tvpromo1 said:
Time to find another way to watch Pro cycling in the USA. NBC GOLD screws Paris-Roubaix viewers by ending the TV coverage with 4km's to go.

NBC doesn't care after they get the money.

I am canceling my NBC Gold subscription since I see there are other streaming options.

i watched the last 170kms on NBC Gold and it was perfect. are you sure the problem wasn't on your end? they didn't go off air until the ASO feed ended.

Re: Re:

Carols said:
It wasn't Lance, the owner of then OLN that became Versus was a cycling fanatic.

Thanks for the background about the OLN founder, I had not heard that about him before. I certainly remember watching lots of great cycling on OLN, that was definitely a golden age for cycling coverage in the U.S. Seems like we're heading backwards towards the days of waiting for the next issue of Velo News, Bicycling, or Winning to come out to read about the spring classics.

Re:

Angliru said:
I find it upsetting that curling is on basic tv (cable/satellite) more than cycling! CURLING!! Paris-Roubaix is not shown until the following day.

I think I may have been watching too much curling lately. While watching Paris-Roubaix I found myself yelling at Peter Sagan "Hard! Go Hard!!!"

Any word on the Giro coverage here in the US? I'm starting to freak out... pay extra or not it looks like NBC has no intention of covering the Giro, we'll get the Tour of California instead. AAAAAAARRRRGGHH!

I'm trying to keep up with all the suggestions in this thread, was able to watch the thrilling finish of the Amstel Gold Race on tiz-cycling just now. (Is tiz just a temporary gig they will eventually shut down?)

Not trying to be especially dense on this very fine day, but how do you find these youtube cycling live streams? (Don't care if they have ads, and don't care what language they are in.)

I miss Universal Sports, not just because of cycling, but because of xc-skiing and all kinds of other "exotic" sports that normally don't get coverage here in the States.

Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
Any word on the Giro coverage here in the US? I'm starting to freak out... pay extra or not it looks like NBC has no intention of covering the Giro, we'll get the Tour of California instead. AAAAAAARRRRGGHH!

I'm trying to keep up with all the suggestions in this thread, was able to watch the thrilling finish of the Amstel Gold Race on tiz-cycling just now. (Is tiz just a temporary gig they will eventually shut down?)

Not trying to be especially dense on this very fine day, but how do you find these youtube cycling live streams? (Don't care if they have ads, and don't care what language they are in.)

I miss Universal Sports, not just because of cycling, but because of xc-skiing and all kinds of other "exotic" sports that normally don't get coverage here in the States.

There will be No legal Giro coverage in the USA this year. beIN holds the rights and they are not broadcasting it. So unless someone steps up and buys it we are SOL as far as a reliable source. Cycling News told me they are not buying it and NBCSN certainly isn't.

Tiz cycling is like all the other sites that show copyrighted content, sooner or later they are shut down.

One of my friends has purchased a VPN and Europlayer but is having difficulty getting it functional and he is in IT. So I'm hoping he gets it straightened out and then will come do mine :).

As far as finding youtube streams, I log into youtube and search '<race name year> live stream'. Francetv has the best one I've found. There used to be a couple of really good ones but they've been shut down for infringement :(.

The Giro will be a challenge for us this year. Damn beIN!

Carols said:
There will be No legal Giro coverage in the USA this year. beIN holds the rights and they are not broadcasting it. So unless someone steps up and buys it we are SOL as far as a reliable source. Cycling News told me they are not buying it and NBCSN certainly isn't.

Tiz cycling is like all the other sites that show copyrighted content, sooner or later they are shut down.

One of my friends has purchased a VPN and Europlayer but is having difficulty getting it functional and he is in IT. So I'm hoping he gets it straightened out and then will come do mine :).

As far as finding youtube streams, I log into youtube and search '<race name year> live stream'. Francetv has the best one I've found. There used to be a couple of really good ones but they've been shut down for infringement :(.

Ach sooooo... I didn't realize BeIN held the exclusive rights to the Giro, thought NBC was being suspenseful by not announcing their coverage till the very last minute. (Glad I didn't pay extra for NBC Sports Gold, was starting to consider it.) This makes me so sad.

tumblr_li5cyewdwV1qcf35n.gifc200.gif

This is just ridiculous, I'm sure we'll be able to get around it somehow, though. (If not I'll miss watching the Giro first thing in the morning and then having to leave for work something like only 5km before they get to the finish line. This was slightly exasperating, but it was better than no Giro at all.)

Thanks for the tip about the youtube watching, I'll have to give that a try.

Tricycle Rider said:
Carols said:

Ach sooooo... I didn't realize BeIN held the exclusive rights to the Giro, thought NBC was being suspenseful by not announcing their coverage till the very last minute. (Glad I didn't pay extra for NBC Sports Gold, was starting to consider it.) This makes me so sad.

This is just ridiculous, I'm sure we'll be able to get around it somehow, though. (If not I'll miss watching the Giro first thing in the morning and then having to leave for work something like only 5km before they get to the finish line. This was slightly exasperating, but it was better than no Giro at all.)

Thanks for the tip about the youtube watching, I'll have to give that a try.

Please Note Bolded above: I typed Cycling News, I meant Cycling TV!

Worst case scenario is I'll stay off all social media and watch the stage when it is put up on either youtube or tiz later in the afternoon.

Yes it is ridiculous!!! :cry:

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
I recently canceled my cable subscription and went with the Sony Vue service. I just noticed that I had a recorded "Cycling" show on the cloud based DVR. The show was stage 1 form the Tour of the Alps. I was surprised that an less than known race would be televised. The network it was recorded from was One World Sports network. I'm going to check if they will pick-up the Giro also. We have hope!

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure what happened to my original post but.....One World Sports is covering the Tour of the Alps. I'm watching via the Playstation Due service which I highly recommend. I'm hoping they cover the Giro

Re:

squid046 said:
I'm not sure what happened to my original post but.....One World Sports is covering the Tour of the Alps. I'm watching via the Playstation Due service which I highly recommend. I'm hoping they cover the Giro

Looks like One World Sports bit the dust a few weeks ago. Some company called Eleven Sports bought some of their assets.

http://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/one-world-sports-sued-hundreds-thousands-will-freelancers-get-their-money.html

http://www.sportsvideo.org/2017/03/14/one-world-sports-relaunches-as-eleven-sports-questions-regarding-unpaid-freelancers-remain/

http://awfulannouncing.com/international/eleven-sports-one-world-sports-freelancers.html

TRENDING THREADS