• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Worlds BERGEN, NORWAY, ITT ELITE Wednesday 20 Sept

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins the ITT in Bergen?

• Tom Dumoulin

Votes: 104 72.2%
  • Geraint Thomas

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Rohan Dennis

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Tony Martin

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Primož Roglič

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Michal Kwiatkowski

• Stefan Küng

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maciej Bodnar

• Wilco Kelderman

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Re:

MountTiede said:
Major props to Hamish Bond of NZ - 39th doesn't look too great until you consider that he only switched from rowing this time last year, where he and Eric Murray were undefeated globally in the coxless pairs for eight seasons.

Is this really the same guy?? he is a huge guy and they were(are) the best by far in a very tough sport..
I know they use cycling as training but this is ridiculous.. in this course, with the mtf and in front of many WT guys..

Re: Re:

Jungle Cycle said:
MountTiede said:
Major props to Hamish Bond of NZ - 39th doesn't look too great until you consider that he only switched from rowing this time last year, where he and Eric Murray were undefeated globally in the coxless pairs for eight seasons.

Is this really the same guy?? he is a huge guy and they were(are) the best by far in a very tough sport..
I know they use cycling as training but this is ridiculous.. in this course, with the mtf and in front of many WT guys..

WOW.

Ruby United said:
TourOfSardinia said:
LaFlorecita said:
:)
DKLbQUWWAAAcTzO.jpg
new world order

Dumo's turned into a Sky Bot? :confused:

:D
Yes, Sky should buy him. Dumoulin should join Sky Train.
It would be amazing to read comments here.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Jungle Cycle said:
MountTiede said:

WOW.

The very man !

NZ TV Report

'Bond suffered a puncture early in the time trial at the road cycling world championships in Bergen, Norway this morning, leaving him to battle to a 39th-placed finish out of 64 riders.

It was a disappointing outcome for the 31-year-old Kiwi in his first appearance at a major international event since taking up cycling after winning his second Olympic rowing gold medal in Rio last year.

His time for the 31.74km test of 48 minutes 14.92 seconds was 3min 33sec behind dominant winner, Dutchman Tom Dumoulin, the Giro d'Italia champion who was nearly a minute clear of the rest of the field.

Sixteenth-fastest after the first lap, Bond suffered the puncture and dropped to 44th at the mid-race time check.
The seven-time rowing world champion dug deep to finish 39th but it was not the outcome he had planned for.
"You try and deliver a clinical, smooth race and the puncture threw everything out the window. I tried but it threw me off my game," Bond said.

"It was out of my control but something I prided myself on in my rowing career was getting those things right and executing on race day. Regardless of if it was my fault or ill-luck, it was disappointing not to be able to show what I was capable of."

Bond was pleased with his exacting and gruelling preparation and believes he was in prime physical condition to make a name for himself among the sport's premier cyclists.' TV NZ

I'd like to highlight Alexis Gougeard's performance yesterday. 13th at 1:53, but he said he lost around 20 seconds with his mechanical so that would place him at a 6th or 7th position, which is very impressive in my opinion. His first part of 2017 was not good, but since July he's riding on a high level. I hope he can win Paris-Tours. :)

AG2R could be really strong in the spring classics of 2018, with Naesen as a leader, together with Dillier, Gallopin, Gougeard and maybe Vandenbergh back at his best.

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Sky wanted to get him. DB is a big fan of TD as well. But luckily he stayed with Sunweb

It's almost always a question of money. Instead of Catroviejo, Dumo should replace Thomas+Landa and get their wages.

I dont think it is for Doumulin ...Afteall he will be well paid at Sunweb ...I think he wants to win big and can do that better outside SKY ...

You go to SKY to ride the train...

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Sky wanted to get him. DB is a big fan of TD as well. But luckily he stayed with Sunweb

It's almost always a question of money. Instead of Catroviejo, Dumo should replace Thomas+Landa and get their wages.

Although money talks, difficult to see a situation where a GT winner and WTT Champion would sign to ride as a domestique for another GT winner the following year.

HelloDolly said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

I dont think it is for Doumulin ...Afteall he will be well paid at Sunweb ...I think he wants to win big and can do that better outside SKY ...

You go to SKY to ride the train...

As GT leader he is the one rider who would benefit even more than Froome from having the Sky Train at his disposal, the train limiting his losses on the climb and Tom smashing it in the time trails