• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018, 72nd Tour de Romandie, April 24th - April 29th, WT

72nd Tour de Romandie

tdr-2018-carte-schematique-001-min.jpg

b3RqDVG.png

cl0ZfTO.png

Startlist: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-romandie/2018/startlist

Main contenders:
Thomas, Martin, Fuglsang, Izagirre, Roglič, Latour, Špilak, (Porte).

Matthews, Albasini and Gav/Viviani for stage wins.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Leinster said:
Am I alone in looking at that prologue and thinking “that’s a waste of a race day”? Especially with a mountain TT later in the week?
Yeah, a bit.
We should finally see what Roglic is capable of doing on longer climbs.
BMC will try anything to win this one, but I don't know if Porte is still at 100%.
Thomas is probably the favourite, but the MTT instead of a flat ITT gives the others a better chance.
Buchmann should b really good in the MTT, Bernal also (if hes fully recovered) and maybe we'll even get a good MTT from the pocket sized climbing prospect Fabbro.
How's the weather supposed to be, nice weather or Spilak weather?

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Leinster said:
Am I alone in looking at that prologue and thinking “that’s a waste of a race day”? Especially with a mountain TT later in the week?

I love good old-fashioned 4-6 km prologues and I miss them a lot at GTs. So no, not a waste at all.
Better than a flat sprint stage
Oh yes it is. Especially a prologue like this

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like an easy win for Roglič if his crash in Pais Vasco didn't affect him too much. Porte will likely put all his eggs in the Tour basket once again, because that worked out so well for him last year. Thomas will likely be the biggest rival of Roglič.

TRENDING THREADS