• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Tour of Britain (9/2 - 9/9)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Lequack said:
So it's BMC vs Sky?

More than likely but I can't see past BMC with Froome and Thomas not in the best form, I also wouldn't rule out Quickstep in their current mood. Tuft not riding is a huge blow to Mitchelton's chances who will surely ship some time and end Meyer's GC ambition.
lol, bmc sky and quickstep, and in the end all are blown away by Lotto, who had obviously the more motivated squad on the line

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Pricey_sky said:
Lequack said:
So it's BMC vs Sky?

More than likely but I can't see past BMC with Froome and Thomas not in the best form, I also wouldn't rule out Quickstep in their current mood. Tuft not riding is a huge blow to Mitchelton's chances who will surely ship some time and end Meyer's GC ambition.
lol, bmc sky and quickstep, and in the end all are blown away by Lotto, who had obviously the more motivated squad on the line

I suppose I was at least right about Mitchelton and Quickstep. :lol:

Alaphilipe 6s back on Roglic, tomorrow will be interesting.

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Nirvana said:
A lot of people "declared" Greipel done only looking at the Tour and Suisse but probably he was only suffering for the contract feud with Lotto new manager, at the beginning of the season he was good in TDU and he was riding his best Sanremo ever (after the Poggio he was in the first positions of the group when he crashed due to Nibali bottle, something he was never able to do before), then he returned from the injury at Dunquerke and won the only sprint he contested before soloing to win the hilly/cobbled stage and won two stages at Belgium Tour.
Now after the announcement of his new team he returned to a very good level, I don't think it's only a coincidence, even if I think Fortuneo choice was a mistake, he will probably be forced to miss spring classics and a lot of WT races and I can't see an actual lead out looking at Fortuneo roster.

That's why they just signed Robert Wagner from LottoNL as leadout man for Greipel.
I don't think that will change much, looking at Wagner results (almost always in the last positions or DNF) it's probably years since last time he has done a proper lead out.

Looking at riders still without a contract they need someone like Mezgec, Renshaw, Cimolai, van Poppel and at least another able to help before like Navardauskas, Ventoso, Rojas. But are all riders unlikely to be in the recruit list of a team like Fortuneo so Greipel won't have a great help next year.

Stage
Clipboard.jpg

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Rollthedice said:
Poels best Dutch bet for WC. Rogla still work to do.
Call me crazy, but I think Mollema is a better bet, because he's got like an eternal battery in long races. Poels, on the other hand, is a lottery
but if good Poels shows up he is a major favorite. The bad thing is we never know which Poels races. Not even he himself knows

The thing is that none of the Dutch riders can win without it being a great day. Poels on a great day is better in a one day race than any of the others on their great days. If they want to win, and don’t otherwise care if they come 4th or 140th, he’s the guy to back.

Nice racing on the island, as well.
Just finished watching the replay of yesterday's action. Not sure the riders are enjoying the weather, but the countryside's certainly appealing.
And the race is growing, it seems.
Alaphilippe's having really good season. Riding on high level for some time, already, wonder if there's any room for improvement before the end of the season. Looking at Sky and their leaders, it's hard to maintain top form for months.

Re:

sir fly said:
Nice racing on the island, as well.
Just finished watching the replay of yesterday's action. Not sure the riders are enjoying the weather, but the countryside's certainly appealing.
And the race is growing, it seems.
Alaphilippe's having really good season. Riding on high level for some time, already, wonder if there's any room for improvement before the end of the season. Looking at Sky and their leaders, it's hard to maintain top form for months.

Thats why he took a break of a month after San Sebastian. He said he felt tired during that race and did not think he could actually win it.

TRENDING THREADS