• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Tour of Flanders

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win

• Peter Sagan

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Greg Van Avermaet

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Philippe Gilbert

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Tiesj Benoot

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Michal Kwiatkowski

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Sep Vanmarcke

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Niki Terpstra

Votes: 14 9.8%
  • Zdenek Stybar

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Wout Van Aert

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep Vanmarcke has hit the deck three times already in minor crashes. He seems unhurt but it also seems a bit discouraging when there are lots of strong rivals who are not in discomfort. Sometimes I feel like the adrenaline / endorphins from being somewhat injured actually help performance, but not when there is so long to remaining to go. 100 more kilometers of tough stuff. So my guess is that it's not Vanmarcke's day today

Nibali is an enigma, whether he can do anything or not in this context. Not looking great right now. First attempt at the race, and also he is limited somewhat by the relative strength of teammates

Re:

sir fly said:
Nobody wants to show their hand too early.
The bunch could have been split for good after the Muur if they've only agreed to push on.

The problem probably was that no team had the numbers in the front group. Even quickstep had ther only tree riders I thing. Same for bora and bmc.

Re: Re:

tomorrow said:
sir fly said:
Nobody wants to show their hand too early.
The bunch could have been split for good after the Muur if they've only agreed to push on.

The problem probably was that no team had the numbers in the front group. Even quickstep had ther only tree riders I thing. Same for bora and bmc.
Yes, they'd expose themselves too far from the circuits. And after the fast start in this weather would've been too risky.
Now the Koppenberg should rarefy the bunch.

TRENDING THREADS