• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 11: Carpi - Novi Ligure 206 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win stage 11?

• Pascal Ackermann

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Elia Viviani

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Caleb Ewan

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Arnaud Demare

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Matteo Moschetti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SELIG Rüdiger

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Giacomo Nizzolo

• CIMOLAI Davide

• Other (Vino/Remco)

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

Jagartrott said:
Red Rick said:
Petition to scrap results of those who abandon Giro for later goals
They have built this Giro to facilitate this kind of behaviour. I was expecting a Démare exit as well at this stage, but apparently he wants to continu.

As opposed to Ewan, Gaviria and Viviani, he and Ackermann are not going to ride the Tour, and therefore they don't have as much of an incentive to abandon the Giro. Furthermore, they are having a nice fight for the Maglia Ciclamino.

I thought today was the stage for Viviani, that he can pull it off. Or again for Demare since Ackermann is sore a bit... But not for Ewan. So, congrats for another stage win.
I more enjoy these kinds of stages in the Tour. There's not just one factor making it that way.

tobydawq said:
Jagartrott said:
Red Rick said:
They have built this Giro to facilitate this kind of behaviour. I was expecting a Démare exit as well at this stage, but apparently he wants to continu.

As opposed to Ewan, Gaviria and Viviani, he and Ackermann are not going to ride the Tour, and therefore they don't have as much of an incentive to abandon the Giro. Furthermore, they are having a nice fight for the Maglia Ciclamino.

Ackermann would be insane to abandon now unless he physically can't continue. The jersey would be a fantastic, maybe career defining, addition to his palmares.

spalco said:
tobydawq said:
Jagartrott said:
Red Rick said:

Ackermann would be insane to abandon now unless he physically can't continue. The jersey would be a fantastic, maybe career defining, addition to his palmares.

I think Demare will get jersey because of Ackermann's crash

Re:

del1962 said:
Well Demare got through the mountains unlike some other sprinters, although did Greipel say something about how he got through

Yeah, but there was not necessarily any truth to Greipel's accusations which I think he also retracted if I remember correctly.

But Démare was often alone - behind the last gruppetto in the mountains.

And Ackermann has never ridden particularly well in the mountains so it's difficult to assess how he will fare but I suspect that (without injury) he would be at a very decent level and be able to get through the Giro without problems.

So, chapeau Ewan on win number two - what has happened to Viviani and the QS train? Even if Ackermann went home now, he should have some teams willing to offer him some good money for next year. Maybe QS? :D

Christain Knees?! Did he just get bored? :lol:

Re:

Robert5091 said:
So, chapeau Ewan on win number two - what has happened to Viviani and the QS train? Even if Ackermann went home now, he should have some teams willing to offer him some good money for next year. Maybe QS? :D

Christain Knees?! Did he just get bored? :lol:

Ackermann has a contract at Bora next year. As it is hard to see Bennett staying, he will be their main bunch sprinter but will not ride the Tour.

I assume he will try to finish the race. Quite aside from the sprint Jersey, there is another sprint stage to come and much weaker opposition in it.

tobydawq said:
Jagartrott said:
Red Rick said:

Ah, thanks, I didn't know about Démare not riding the Tour. Surprising.

Jagartrott said:
tobydawq said:
Jagartrott said:
Red Rick said:

Ah, thanks, I didn't know about Démare not riding the Tour. Surprising.

FDJ's usual approach is to split Demare and Pinot for GT's - It works well and both riders are happy.

TRENDING THREADS