• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 13: Pinerolo - Lago Serrù 196 km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Climbing said:
King Boonen said:
Rog/Nib at 2:56.
They both tried 2/3 times each, but they're pretty level at the moment.

Yep. Good for Rog, not for Nibs.

I get the feeling that the time earned back from each of Nibs rivals will end up hurting them tomorrow where both him and Rog both seems to be riding within themselves. So I do not think it's nearly that bad for Nibs

Gigs_98 said:
King Boonen said:
Climbing said:
King Boonen said:

Is it good for Roglic though? We kept saying he only has to care about Nibali but Mollema and more importantly Landa (together with his teammate Carapaz) are way too dangerous now to keep ignoring them. He will have to start defending against more than just one rider and with his team that could be very hard.
On the other hand, Yates and Lopez seem to be out of the equation for good.

Or simply as I suspected, neither of them is the best climber in the race...

Gigs_98 said:
King Boonen said:
Climbing said:
King Boonen said:

Is it good for Roglic though? We kept saying he only has to care about Nibali but Mollema and more importantly Landa (together with his teammate Carapaz) are way too dangerous now to keep ignoring them. He will have to start defending against more than just one rider and with his team that could be very hard.
Don't forget Zaka.

Imagine Zakarin winning the Giro.

pink_jersey said:
Landa was great today. I think the GC is now:
1. Polanc
2. Roglic
3. Mollema
4. Nibali
6, Carapaz

Carapaz seems to in incredible form. If tomorrow race blows from the start he can win this. He is climbing at an insanely level.

I think Zakarin is in third no? He should have 1 minute advantage on Nibali now.

jaylew said:
Gigs_98 said:
King Boonen said:
Climbing said:
King Boonen said:

Don't forget Zaka.
Yeah, already edited my post, he looked incredible today. Hardly lost any time to Landa and actually gained time on him once he attacked Mollema

I'm pretty sure both Nibali and Roglic could have done more than they did, but still didn't feel great and didn't want to risk blowing up.
Movistar duo looking the strongest, tomorrow Carapaz is gonna look like Robobasso on San Carlo.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Some of those riders looked shattered .....Nibali is wise ...its a long game
Some will pay tomorrow ..Majka, Mollema, Landa looked knackered

I think he and Roglic looked good ...just both know the other is the one to watch

They both think the other is one to watch, but they will end up wrong cause neither of them will win this Giro!

Gigs_98 said:
King Boonen said:
Climbing said:
King Boonen said:

Is it good for Roglic though? We kept saying he only has to care about Nibali but Mollema, Zakarin and more importantly Landa (together with his teammate Carapaz) are way too dangerous now to keep ignoring them. He will have to start defending against more than just one rider and with his team that could be very hard.
On the other hand, Yates and Lopez seem to be out of the equation for good.

Nibali played a risky card tactically but I guess he is very confident in what he can do. He forced Roglic to work and let him decide how close he wants to be to Landa/Carapaz and a few more. Roglic will have a lot on his hands next days.

jaylew said:
Poursuivant said:
Carapaz the winner of the day.
Why not Zakarin? Stage win and moved up the most on GC.

Great day for Zakarin but Carapaz followed wheels all day, sat in when team mate Landa attacked, ends up putting very nice time into Nibali and Roglic, and lost only 18 seconds to Landa after all his hard work.

The camera never showed them but he also put 30” into Majka in a relatively short period of time, I’m very impressed.

History repeats for Mitchelton Scott - Last year at the TDF, surprisingly Nieve got into the break of the second mountain stage and A.Yates popped - Today, Nieve gets into the break of the second mountain stage which suggests MS knew their leaders had problems on both days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts