• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 13: Pinerolo - Lago Serrù 196 km

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Humblebrag from Chris Froome:

CGrfXLQ.png

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
HelloDolly said:
Landa finish just 18 seconds in front of Carapaz ...if he has waited fro last 6 km he probably would have got more time ...just saying

Its heads that win bike races not just legs
Cant really use that kind of logic tbh. It also helped Carapaz that he could sit on wheels all the climb and only go with 1-2 km to go or whatever. Today was really textbook tactics and maybe its reversed tomorrow with Carapaz attacking or something. Its a dynamic duo and they really use to need to use it.

Well I cant really use your reply...so rude ..If Landa went at 6km ...not 1 or 2... you deliberately misread .... he could have gone harder and no it does not follow the group would stay together ..its a legitimate view

HelloDolly said:
Valv.Piti said:
HelloDolly said:
Landa finish just 18 seconds in front of Carapaz ...if he has waited fro last 6 km he probably would have got more time ...just saying

Cant really use that kind of logic tbh. It also helped Carapaz that he could sit on wheels all the climb and only go with 1-2 km to go or whatever. Today was really textbook tactics and maybe its reversed tomorrow with Carapaz attacking or something. Its a dynamic duo and they really use to need to use it.

Well I cant really use your reply...so rude ..If Landa went at 6km ...not 1 or 2... you deliberately misread .... he could have gone harder and no it does not follow the group would stay together ..its a legitimate view
Landa isn't riding against Carapaz. He's riding against Roglic and Nibali, and he succeeded in taking a lump of time back today. However he was tired in the final 3 km, when he lost about ten seconds to Zakarin surprisingly.

Landa, Carapaz, Zakarin, Majka and Mollema are all back in contention for the podium, although some of them might pay a price tomorrow for today's efforts.

Landa isn't riding against Carapaz. He's riding against Roglic and Nibali, and he succeeded in taking a lump of time back today. However he was tired in the final 3 km, when he lost about ten seconds to Zakarin surprisingly.

Of course Landa is not riding against Carapaz..I never said he was
And of course people on here love the long range attacking Landa

But my point is if he had waited to 6km he may have made up more time on favourites
This is surely the option if he is going for GC ?
Carapaz could still attack where he did
And why do I think that ?
he finished only 18 seconds in front of Carapaz and is the superior climber plus he looked on his hands and knees at the end....was that all wise going for GC ??

Sure it was a spectacle but time will tell if it was worth it

jaylew said:
roundabout said:
jaylew said:
luckyboy said:
Roglic and Nibali never gave 100% here

Good gains for guys like Zakarin and Mollema but they won't get that from the breakaway every day. Landa and the big two still look strongest.
Maybe. I don't know. I think Nibali and Roglic were more on the limit than that. Not sure about Mollema but I think Zakarin would have been somewhere in the Carapaz/Majka/NIbali/Roglic vicinity if he hadn't been in the break. And Carapaz and Majka look to be at least as strong as Roglic and Nibali. I'd add Lopez as well - he's a bit harder to judge because of how his day went with the mechanical.

Iow, I don't at all think that Nibali and Roglic look like the clear strongest at this point but time will tell.

Lopez was bad. Mechanical or not, Kangert, Madouas and Polanc finished within 20 seconds of him.
I don't think he was as bad as it seemed. I think there's a decent chance he'd have been with Nibali and Roglic if not for the mechanical.

After his initial jump after his mechanical, he gained 0.000 seconds on Formolo and Sivakov. He actually lost time on them.

This Charming Man said:
Chris Froome is lucky, we in the USA have no coverage, zero. I guess Europe feels like USA are unworthy, we are not worthy of watching your Giro.

Regardless of the challenges to the truthfulness of this above, the conclusion is ridiculous.

If it were the case that it is not available in the US, that would be because no US outlet believes it can make a profit from broadcasting it, not because "Europe" (yeah, the entire continent would apparently have been to blame for this) makes any judgement about worthiness.

Possibly the most small-minded comment I have ever read on CN.

HelloDolly said:
Valv.Piti said:
HelloDolly said:

Im not sure why he is rude, but I agree with thim allthough he used 1-2km instead of 6km. The logic you used just doesn't work like that. It's absolutely not certain Landa wouldve gained more time by waiting for the final 6km.
Personally I think Landa gained most time by attacking early instead of waiting for the final 6km, but we will never know.

TRENDING THREADS