• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 13: Pinerolo - Lago Serrù 196 km

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Carols said:
This Charming Man said:
Lequack said:
Humblebrag from Chris Froome:

CGrfXLQ.png
Chris Froome is lucky, we in the USA have no coverage, zero. I guess Europe feels like USA are unworthy, we are not worthy of watching your Giro.

I'm watching it on Flobikes in the USA. It is also on Fubo. Both streaming.

Plunking down $150 just to watch the Giro?

It's been a long time that has a race has been so unorganized, unorganized as in that there is completely no control and GC riders in huge breakaways that pretty much cant be controlled. So many riders attacking eachother... wow, this was perfect today.

Not too mention that so many went extremely deep today, balls deep. All those faces were at the finishline, completely spent. Maybe only Roglic and Nibali didnt go all in today.

Amazinmets87 said:
Carols said:
This Charming Man said:
Lequack said:

CGrfXLQ.png
Chris Froome is lucky, we in the USA have no coverage, zero. I guess Europe feels like USA are unworthy, we are not worthy of watching your Giro.

Well 150 isnt much of a problem for him isn't it? And personally I only see it as something positive that he likes to watch cycling. There are plenty riders that only race, but never watch. He obviously really likes to follow the sport else you wouldnt put an tablet on your bike just to follow the race while riding outside.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Landa isn't riding against Carapaz. He's riding against Roglic and Nibali, and he succeeded in taking a lump of time back today. However he was tired in the final 3 km, when he lost about ten seconds to Zakarin surprisingly.

Of course Landa is not riding against Carapaz..I never said he was
And of course people on here love the long range attacking Landa

But my point is if he had waited to 6km he may have made up more time on favourites
This is surely the option if he is going for GC ?
Carapaz could still attack where he did
And why do I think that ?
he finished only 18 seconds in front of Carapaz and is the superior climber plus he looked on his hands and knees at the end....was that all wise going for GC ??

Sure it was a spectacle but time will tell if it was worth it

He did good, he took a gamble and attacked early, he had two men up front and used them, and he took 1.30 min on two guys he wanted most. Gain on Carapaz isn't important at all, they are mates, it's even better that Carapaz was able to use his attack to gain time himself. This way they are more dangerous in coming stages.

Had he attacked at 6km to go, it's a big question would he be able to escape alone and gain those 1.30, and Carapaz surely wouldn't gain so much time, if any...

Re:

Kwibus said:
It's been a long time that has a race has been so unorganized, unorganized as in that there is completely no control and GC riders in huge breakaways that pretty much cant be controlled. So many riders attacking eachother... wow, this was perfect today.

Not too mention that so many went extremely deep today, balls deep. All those faces were at the finishline, completely spent. Maybe only Roglic and Nibali didnt go all in today.

There is no "Sky" to control the race. The virtual leader has a weak team. Other teams have multiple riders to send out, to attack, who are close in GC. This was always going to happen.

I think Roglic managed today very well actually, given the circumstances.

Re: 2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 13: Pinerolo - Lago Serrù 196 k

Froome's tweet: wants to be funny. I'm just coming home from work and it's a miracle that I didn't get hit by a swaying car passing me while its driver was texting. Not funny.

Great stage, but letting a guy like Zakarin in a BOD wasn't very smart: week 3, he can be a handful. Hats off to him for getting back in the picture.

So all the Yates bragging was bluff it seems. Still, I wouldn't let him go in a BOD moving forward: he's down, keep him down. It's big for the other contenders to not have him anywhere near the honey.

Roglic and Nibali are the strongest riders, but the talks are annoying. I love Il Squalo but he's blaming Roglic and saying about Roglic what Dumoulin was blaming him for and saying about him two years ago. Remember? Less talking, more pedalling guys...

The Great Bauke Mollema is long overdue for a big GC place, he got robbed on the shortened Ventoux stage, I wish him well.

Mikel Landa is a heck of a rider, and Roglic/Nibali may regret playing games today and letting him take so much time.

Carapaz? May Jaskula himself to a good final placing. Boring, but smart. As Dirty Harry said, "a man has to know his limitations".

Again, Il Giro will turn out to be the best GT of the year, it seems.

Amazinmets87 said:
Carols said:
This Charming Man said:
Lequack said:

CGrfXLQ.png

No 29.99 for 1 month.

Pirazziattacks said:
Carols said:
Lequack said:
Simon Yates after the stage, looked totally spent
https://twitter.com/DanyProCycling/status/1131962075494924288

All that Bragging before the race, serves him right. Let your legs talk dude not your potty mouth!
People on this website can be so weird.
Think this was a language issue where Nibs took what Yates said as more offensive than it was intended to be,
Saying they should be shitting themselves, which just means they should be scared.
I mean id does look like he doesn't have it so it was either bluff or foolishness

Chapeau Trek & Zakarin - good day for them, but will it be just one day? Nibs still has to work out how to get time back on Roglic (who can just wheel suck).
Yates? Adieu! Chaves likewise. Meet Mikel Nieve - MS's new cycling sensation! :)

Good to see Landa/Carapaz plus Astana giving it a go and Majka has looked good. The youngsters Sivakov and Madouas again showed promise.

Re: 2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 13: Pinerolo - Lago Serrù 196 k

Tonton said:
Froome's tweet: wants to be funny. I'm just coming home from work and it's a miracle that I didn't get hit by a swaying car passing me while its driver was texting. Not funny.

giphy.gif

Oh my god, can you be more offended by a rider? I've never known anyone to have such a hate for a rider that they know nothing about....tell me how the hell you can link froome posting a picture of a ipad on a bike to you surviving a miracle?

TRENDING THREADS