• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 17: Commezzadura - Anterselva 181km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage
Clipboard.jpg

Caparaz 4:38
Nibali 4:45

Re:

Rollthedice said:
Well, that's it then.

Unless he crashes out, Carapaz has got this one sewn up. Interestingly, positions 2, 3, and 4 are wide open. Landa looks like a good shot for the podium. Nibali probably needs a few more seconds on Roglic before the TT. . . . If it weren't for Carapaz ruining the party, this would be a barn-burner for the Giro title. :lol: Chapeau to Carapaz. He is the strongest and has earned every bit of his lead for the pink jersey.

Re:

hfer07 said:
What we have here is Carapaz a the GC winner while Nibs and Landa fight for podium honors

You don't think Roglic will top Landa? Given likely TT finish, Landa will need to find 2 minutes on Roglic. Not that he can't but Roglic looked OK today.

On another note -- given how much time Masnada has spent out front on mountain stages in the last month, is he a PT prospect? Or just picking his spots? I'd barely heard of him before the Tour of the Alps.

What we have here are a group of people who just love to be pessimistic

And who you would think have never seen a GT ....Everyone has a bad day and if this is Nnibali's then I would take that

Remember Carapaz has not had one yet

I still stand by my believe the race will be won in Verona and Friday & Saturday are the days for Nibali ...not a one climb that's suits Carapaz
And Landa is the main threat

Addy Ingles is about 1 million times more positive than you lot
Its not over till its over

Re: Re:

Laplaz said:
hfer07 said:
What we have here is Carapaz a the GC winner while Nibs and Landa fight for podium honors
Everyone saying it's over lol :rolleyes: everything can still change, Giro 2016 and 2018 docet.

So unless he has bad luck in a crash or illness or just randomly blows up with no energy then it's over. Anything can happen, but in a normal situation it's Carapaz's Giro.

HelloDolly said:
What we have here are a group of people who just love to be pessimistic

And who you would think have never seen a GT ....Everyone has a bad day and if this is Nnibali's then I would take that

Remember Carapaz has not had one yet

Stage 3 was a pretty bad day. He lost 46 seconds lol. If that doesn't count then Nibali losing a few seconds doesn't eithe.

TRENDING THREADS