2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 19: Treviso-San Martino d. C. 151km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 19: Treviso-San Martino d. C. 1

Roglic looks to be not fading too much, now. He may actually have a shot at second on GC. Nibali would probably need 30 seconds advantage before the time trial.

TourOfSardinia said:
Kwibus said:
Lopez is made for shallow gradients, weird rider.
He was only a threat to Molema who couldn't respond
I know, but he does these crazy fast rides on the not so hard climbs. Didnt he do a crazy ascent in Spain this year? Was also not a really hard if I recall correctly.

Despite the shallow gradient lighter riders finished in front of their groups.
Roglič hasn't gained any seconds, but possibly a grain of self-confidence before tomorrow's showdown.
Looking forward to it.

Kwibus said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Kwibus said:
Lopez is made for shallow gradients, weird rider.
He was only a threat to Molema who couldn't respond
I know, but he does these crazy fast rides on the not so hard climbs. Didnt he do a crazy ascent in Spain this year? Was also not a really hard if I recall correctly.
Mollema gets it back in the TT anyway.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
SafeBet said:
one good takeaway for tomorrow: Movistar didn't look as strong as in previous days (bar his leaders obviously). Hopefully Bahrein and Astana se the stage on fire on the first climb.
Probably told their domestiques to take it easy today.
Might be, but let me hope.

Roglic accelerations didn't look particularly impressive to me.

Great win for Chaves who has had a long road back. As expected the GC fight didn't amount to much apart from Lopez getting back some time, too little too late. I guess he will try again tomorrow and want to be ahead of Mollema going into the TT But Mollema has ridden a smart race so far and I think he will hang onto his fifth place courtesy of the TT.

Re:

movingtarget said:
Great win for Chaves who has had a long road back. As expected the GC fight didn't amount to much apart from Lopez getting back some time, too little too late. I guess he will try again tomorrow and want to be ahead of Mollema going into the TT But Mollema has ridden a smart race so far and I think he will hang onto his fifth place courtesy of the TT.
I fear Mollema will crack hard tomorrow.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS