• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 19: Treviso-San Martino d. C. 151km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Laplaz said:
movingtarget said:
Great win for Chaves who has had a long road back. As expected the GC fight didn't amount to much apart from Lopez getting back some time, too little too late. I guess he will try again tomorrow and want to be ahead of Mollema going into the TT But Mollema has ridden a smart race so far and I think he will hang onto his fifth place courtesy of the TT.
I fear Mollema will crack hard tomorrow.

Well he often has a few bad days but I'd hate to see him mess it up now. He seems in good shape. Tomorrow should be full on for the top 10. Yates and Lopez will try something as will Nibali. Roglic will probably defend his position. Hard to believe that Roglic is still on target for second place if he rides well tomorrow.

Nibali durning an interview right after the stage: "wait, Chaves won? Ok, then I'm happy, he really deserved it."
Super happy for Chaves and I feel bad for Vendrame, but Androni has a stage win a 4 podiums with 3 different riders, one hell of a Giro for the silverfox Savio.

Didnt watch the stage, but I expected some small time gaps still considering its the 19th stage and all. Well, I guess Lopez somehow gained 45 seconds and Formolo lost 1 minute..

Tomorrow's a weird stage. Would have loved Manghen as the central climb of the day, I fear it will be a bit disappointing since it gets easier from there.

movingtarget said:
Laplaz said:
movingtarget said:
Great win for Chaves who has had a long road back. As expected the GC fight didn't amount to much apart from Lopez getting back some time, too little too late. I guess he will try again tomorrow and want to be ahead of Mollema going into the TT But Mollema has ridden a smart race so far and I think he will hang onto his fifth place courtesy of the TT.
I fear Mollema will crack hard tomorrow.

Well he often has a few bad days but I'd hate to see him mess it up now. He seems in good shape. Tomorrow should be full on for the top 10. Yates and Lopez will try something as will Nibali. Roglic will probably defend his position. Hard to believe that Roglic is still on target for second place if he rides well tomorrow.

This could still be a good Giro for Roglic. It's hard to evaluate the impact of the stomach bug on his form. The crashes, too. Carapaz is clearly the best rider in this Giro, but Roglic hasn't made a bad account of himself.

JosephK said:
movingtarget said:
Laplaz said:
movingtarget said:
I fear Mollema will

This could still be a good Giro for Roglic. It's hard to evaluate the impact of the stomach bug on his form. The crashes, too. Carapaz is clearly the best rider in this Giro, but Roglic hasn't made a bad account of himself.
It will be a good giro if he holds onto his podium spot. I don't think he will.

topcat said:
JosephK said:
movingtarget said:
Laplaz said:
movingtarget said:
I fear Mollema will

It will be a good giro if he holds onto his podium spot. I don't think he will.

2 stage wins and a 4th place is still a good Giro for Roglic.

TRENDING THREADS