• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia, stage 6: Cassino - San Giovanni R. 238km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nobody in their right mind would give Jungels a 5 minute lead with 2 TTs still to come and the chance a couple hard stages are cancelled/altered because of the bad weather.
This guy has been twice in the Giro top10, both times less than 10 minutes behind the winner.

Jumbo Visma has done little work thus far. I can see them unloading the jersey, but not to someone like Jungels or Formolo. It'd be very risky.

Re:

SafeBet said:
Nobody in their right mind would give Jungels a 5 minute lead with 2 TTs still to come and the chance a couple hard stages are cancelled/altered because of the bad weather.
This guy has been twice in the Giro top10, both times less than 10 minutes behind the winner.

Jumbo Visma has done little work thus far. I can see them unloading the jersey, but not to someone like Jungels or Formolo. It'd be very risky.
Jungels can lose 5 minutes in one stage and won't do better in the ITT than any of the 4 main GC guys left apart from maybe MAL

The reason I wouldn't give him the time is simply cause it's not that much of an effort to not give him that much time.

Ouch!
FF52572-800x533.jpg

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Rollthedice said:
Robert5091 said:
Majka & Roglic went down - the voodoo is now in effect!

Not sure he went down, maybe only delayed by the crash. Anyway, since the beginning of this Giro the question about when and how the voodoo will strike again are more exciting than the race itself.
5 contenders

And only 1 knows how to ride. His. Bike.

There were 6. Now there's 4. I have the feeling that some of them will be a bit knackered even before San Marino.

Red Rick said:
Rollthedice said:
Robert5091 said:

Not sure he went down, maybe only delayed by the crash. Anyway, since the beginning of this Giro the question about when and how the voodoo will strike again are more exciting than the race itself.
5 contenders

Don't jinx it!

King Boonen said:
Red Rick said:
Rollthedice said:
Robert5091 said:

5 contenders

Don't jinx it!

I'm sure he was referring to MAL.