• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia, stage 6: Cassino - San Giovanni R. 238km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not a good last couple of days for racing.

- Bogus ruling in the Tour of California
- Pack sits up and waits for the leader in the Giro

Look, I like good racing as much as the next person which is why stuff like this makes races less entertaining to watch.
Maybe I should stick to the Classics races from now on, not nearly as much shenanigans.

Clipboard.jpg

The delicate operation after the fall

Re: Re:

johnymax said:
DenisMenchov said:
rick james said:
All this voodoo talk from Nibali fans actually makes me want Nibali to fail

He fell three times already in crucial races.

2013 - Florence Worlds
2016 - Rio Olympics
2018 - Tour de France (though this was 100% not his fault)
Voodoo is so strong he can't control it.

He races to the edge, sometimes he ends up on the wrong side of it. But hey, it's what racing should be about. Going for it all the time.

I remember last year Nibali was is really shitty form, yet he was the one who started the winning attack in De Ronde. Terpstra just blew him on the flat, but won the race because of that move.

TourOfSardinia said:
Update:

San Giovanni Rotondo was founded in 1095 on the ruins of a pre-existing village of the 4th century BC; of this village some visible signs remain, like some tombs and a circular baptistery (the epithet "Rotondo" derives from this)

Btw. one of the strangest places in Italy I've seen (years ago), that whole Padre Pio thing is deeply weird.

johnymax said:
Lequack said:
Can Valerio Conti win this Giro?
No, but he can win today's stage and take the maglia rosa. Hopefully he does.
He could hold the jersey until the big mountains start, last year he finished 12th in the Dauphine after ridong a decent Giro and while working as a domestique for Dan Martin. In 2017 he also finished 12th in a rather hard TdS after riding a good Giro.