• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia, stage 7: Vasto - L'Aquila 185 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Nice stage, but I feel asleep once they hit the final. God damnit.

I have a hard time analyzing tomorrows stage. Another break?
Tomorrow we'll finally have fireworks among the GC contenders.

PiercingAdmiredAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted.gif

HelloDolly said:
Pantani_lives said:
Roglic lost De Plus today. He might get isolated in the high mountains.

Yep and against

Nibali ,Caruso,Pozzo
Bilbao , MAl
S Yates, Chaves
Carapaz, Landa

Remember Tolek is just back from a serious illness
Pretty weak domestiques really; not a lot to be worried about for Roglic there. If he ends up being put in trouble by riders like Bilbao, Caruso and Carapaz then he's not going to be winning the race anyway.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Astana. Quick-Step. Bora.

Repeat.
Astana battling QS for most wins has been the most surprising thing I've seen this season. 29-27 now. I mean, there's no way they could actually beat them, right? It seems inconceivable for a team with no sprinters and Superman as it's top GC guy. That's not meant as a shot at MAL - I actually picked him to win the Giro but he hasn't exactly been a Contador type, hoovering up GCs and stages at a high rate.

jaylew said:
Alexandre B. said:

Repeat.
Astana battling QS for most wins has been the most surprising thing I've seen this season. 29-27 now. I mean, there's no way they could actually beat them, right? It seems inconceivable for a team with no sprinters and Superman as it's top GC guy. That's not meant as a shot at MAL - I actually picked him to win the Giro but he hasn't exactly been a Contador type, hoovering up GCs and stages at a high rate.

27? I have them at 24.

tobydawq said:
jaylew said:
Alexandre B. said:

Repeat.

27? I have them at 24.
https://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/team_palm.asp?year=2019&teamcode=AST&victories=1

DFA123 said:
HelloDolly said:
Pantani_lives said:

Yep and against

Nibali ,Caruso,Pozzo
Bilbao , MAl
S Yates, Chaves
Carapaz, Landa

Pretty weak domestiques really; not a lot to be worried about for Roglic there. If he ends up being put in trouble by riders like Bilbao, Caruso and Carapaz then he's not going to be winning the race anyway.

Joking?

Kwibus said:
DFA123 said:
HelloDolly said:
Pantani_lives said:

Yep and against

Nibali ,Caruso,Pozzo
Bilbao , MAl
S Yates, Chaves
Carapaz, Landa

Joking?

Most likely.

jaylew said:
tobydawq said:
jaylew said:
Alexandre B. said:

Repeat.

27? I have them at 24.
https://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/team_palm.asp?year=2019&teamcode=AST&victories=1

Why would they count Asian Continental Championships? Surely, these victories were obtained in national colours?

tobydawq said:
jaylew said:
tobydawq said:
jaylew said:
Alexandre B. said:

Repeat.

27? I have them at 24.

Why would they count Asian Continental Championships? Surely, these victories were obtained in national colours?
Who knows? I certainly didn't watch those. Cyclingnews is also reporting it as their 26th win but I guess it just depends on how/what you count.

Kwibus said:
DFA123 said:
HelloDolly said:
Pantani_lives said:

Yep and against

Nibali ,Caruso,Pozzo
Bilbao , MAl
S Yates, Chaves
Carapaz, Landa

Joking?

I am not sure DFA123 understands how domestiques work ...they dont need to be as strong as Roglic .they need to be there in the last 10 riders or so in the mountains with leader to help chase if necessary or pace or provide support during a mechanical or on the downhill, esp on a bad day
To call Pozzo or Chaves or Carapaz weak domestiques is ridiculous . Even Caruso can ride top 10

Better than to be by yourself ..plus Astana or Movistar have possibly a one two approach with 2 riders possibly up on GC...(maybe even MS)

Not good odds for Roglic after a few mountain stages ... Of course Nibali or S Yates need to finish it off but if domestiques didnt help win GTs I doubt SKY would have spent so much on them

Bilbao looked strong, but I wouldn't address his victory exclusively to the strength. If Hamilton wasn't impatient and managed his effort more savingly, maybe he could've challenged Bilbao.
Very good stage. Not earthshaking, but all day racing is just fine.

Chapeau Bilbao on the win - Astana have 2 men now in the GC race (Bilbao's 1 second ahead of Roglic and more then 30 on Yates and Nibali.) Formolo has also same time as Roglic so with Mejka, Bora have also 2 men for the GC.

Increased pressure now on Roglic, Yates, Superman & Nibali to stay out of trouble and do well on the TT on Sunday. I suppose this was how the organizers wanted things to be.

I've cut a couple of messages due to quote limit.

jaylew said:
tobydawq said:
jaylew said:

Who knows? I certainly didn't watch those. Cyclingnews is also reporting it as their 26th win but I guess it just depends on how/what you count.
Continental championships (as well as continental games and also regional games like Caribbean or Mediterranean one's) are always ridden with the national teams, there is no doubt that shouldn't be counted.

TRENDING THREADS