• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 1: Bruxelles > Brussel, 194,5 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Cort grinning and saying “at least we got some TTT training in”

I love this guy :D
Meh. If things are bad with Jakob I am not in the mood for Cort's humor. Prayers that it was only superficial wounds

Wanna bet Cort knows better than us how Fuglsang is feeling? :cool:

Vino saying that Jakob hit his knee quite hard and they're checking it right now.
Some stitches on the face as well, if I understood correctly.

Climbing said:
HelloDolly said:
Climbing said:
Actually, Nibali dodged another bullet as usual, Groen almost fell on top oh him.

Hard to believe Nibali is going for stages ......he is up there all day

For sure he's trying, at least until PdBF and see what happens there.

Riders doing the double always feel great at the start of the tour, it’s week 2 or 3 they start to fade.

Re: 2019 Tour de France, stage 1: Bruxelles > Brussel, 194,5

Good plan B for JumboVisma - chapeau! :)

Fuglsang's knee might be the size of a football tomorrow or hope he has not got TommyD's metal/gravel/carbon or whatever it was. Hope it's not serious. Caruso will have a big bruise too.

Re:

Jagartrott said:
These injuries, even if they turn out to be rather superficial, are always bad news. They drain energy to heal, they make you lose sleep, they are uncomfortable when riding. Bad news for Fuglsang.

Indeed. He can't be considered a Top 5 contender now. Maybe if there were five flat sprinter stages coming up now - but that's not the case. An extra 30 seconds lost tomorrow because of his knees - that would be critical.

Lequack said:
happytramp said:
Wiggin's and Dan Lloyd looks bizarrely similar

D-yc8Z6X4AEZ48h.jpg:large

Dan Lloyd must be the spitting image of Matt Stephens :razz:

Nice win for Tuenissen. Hope Fuglsang can recover from those injuries. Sounds like Thomas is alright even if the crash looked bad. Sounds like Groenewegen is alright. Movistar posted some go pro video from Quintana's bike showing how close he was to the crash that took Groenewegen down.

Re:

Red Rick said:
D&D are in charge of the Tour script now

200 IQ crash from Groenewegen

Sometimes I really have no clue what you're trying to wrap into your sarcastic comments.

Why was this crash more stupid than so many other crashes? Maybe he could have reacted a little bit quicker but Jansen almost came to a standstill right in front of him.

TRENDING THREADS