• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 10: Saint-Flour > Albi 217,5 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

HelloDolly said:
See Asgreen push that Sunweb rider Bol off fthe road from trying to go in the breakawa

I still think they should make a rule about situations like this. It should not be allowed for a team to place riders at the front of a group deliberately blocking the entire road. A such rule doesn't have a downside to it, as I see it.

I noticed yesterday that Soler had to make a detour in the dirt to pass the riders in the front of the peloton in order to catch the breakaway. It shouldn't be like that.

Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
Danish TV just had Astana DS Lars Michaelsen on live from the car.

He says it is quite windy today, to the GC guys all want to be up front, as gaps can easily appear..... it is also why the tempo is quite high.

I just think it would have been hilarious if his answer to the question had been "Nah… that's a secret!"

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
HelloDolly said:
See Asgreen push that Sunweb rider Bol off fthe road from trying to go in the breakawa

And the Danish commentators are of course praising him :rolleyes:
I almost vomited when Chris Anker praised Asgreen for that after Staghøj asked if that wasnt a bully move. I agree with Chris Anker on a lot of things, but this one, I dont get it at all.

Dont they want to watch good and interesting races? Then please dont praise team and riders for being total bullies and unsportsmanlike and flat out neutralizing the race like this. Honestly I find it disgusting. Has it always been as blatant as this Tour? I dont remember that being the case at all. I have seen this happen on a lot of other stages as well, the break has went early on pretty much every stage.

Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:
HelloDolly said:

I almost vomited when Chris Anker praised Asgreen for that after Staghøj asked if that wasnt a bully move. I agree with Chris Anker on a lot of things, but this one, I dont get it at all.

Dont they want to watch good and interesting races? Then please dont praise team and riders for being total bullies and unsportsmanlike and flat out neutralizing the race like this. Honestly I find it disgusting. Has it always been as blatant as this Tour? I dont remember that being the case at all. I have seen this happen on a lot of other stages as well, the break has went early on pretty much every stage.

I haven't noticed it before this year either. But we don't watch a lot of race starts, so it's hard to know.

Well they have shown the Tour from km 0 since 2017 as far as I remember and also broadcasted 7-8 stages each year (primarily mountain stages ofc).I always want to catch the start of these stages where there is a real fight for the break, so I'd say I have seen plenty of stages from the start and have never noticed 2-3 teams doing this. Not good at all for the race.

Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:
HelloDolly said:

This isn't what you want to see but it's not on the level of Lance and the gang bullying anyone who hurt his feelings or whatever by not allowing them into breaks and so on.

Pirazziattacks said:
Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:
HelloDolly said:

This isn't what you want to see but it's not on the level of Lance and the gang bullying anyone who hurt his feelings or whatever by not allowing them into breaks and so on.
It was the age of omerta, and not that frequent, as far as I can remember.
Neither the kids like the snitches.

Valv.Piti said:

I don't at all agree with the behaviour mentioned here, it is disgusting, but unless it's physically dangerous I think it's something the peloton should handle internally. Find a way to punish Ineos if you don't like it.

At last we see some action, and here it is:
The cheek of it! Tour de France rider slaps mooning fan on backside (VIDEO)
https://www.rt.com/sport/464207-tour-de-france-slap-fan-bottom/

5d2c81f1dda4c8c92c8b456a.jpg

spalco said:
Valv.Piti said:

I don't at all agree with the behaviour mentioned here, it is disgusting, but unless it's physically dangerous I think it's something the peloton should handle internally. Find a way to punish Ineos if you don't like it.

Looked pretty dangerous to me as Bol could have come off his bike...Asgreen taking his duties too seriously

The problem with cycling is that its supposed to be entertainment not some sort of controlled science project
Sky /Ineos and some teams dont get this and some teams need to control is taking the pleasure out of the sport

So what happens , people dont tune in,sponsors are not as interested, budgets are not there and riders dont get jobs...they are in a way shooting themselves in the foot.More open racing that is not overly controlled is better all round ...but who is going to tell the teams and will they listen ?

TRENDING THREADS