• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de l'Avenir /// 15th - 25th of August (2.Ncup)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Are you serious?
Why attack? they were supposed to wait for the mountains. That's the most stupid reason that I have heard.
Wow! there goes the opportunity.
Well, based on Directvelo.com, he attacked alone during the first climb, he got 40 seconds, then someone joined him . Then, after half an hour the peloton came back. The pace was as brutal as the conditions.
Later, RMC reported he DNFed due to cold and "energetic crisis".
When you put the two together, you get the answer.

Why do you want to attack so early in a stage that has 70Km downhill and a 4cat KOM 20Kms from the finish?
Why do you start the attacks with the team leader?
Why do you send a skinny rider to attack in a cold and rainy day?
I would, by all means, keep him protected from the wind, let him eat as much as he can and use the energy wise.

But it's not the first time Jaramillo make mistakes, he did something similar in a couple of TdlA (Sebastian Henao comes to my mind) sending the riders for long range attacks and ended up losing the race. Last year in GiroU23, he attacked every day even having the leader's jersey, only to benefit Vlasov.
Heck, there is YT video where Egan has to contradict him in a TdlA, because Jaramillo wanted to attack while Egan was the leader.

If all stars align and Garcia or Tejada have a good final result, it won't be because of the DS, it would be despite him. And thanks to the attrition rate

Reactions: Sandisfan
Feel like this years race is already over. Someone is gonna need to be reaaaaallly strong to ride Vansevenant out of the yellow jersey with the team he has.

I'm a bit scared that the guy is gonna be a bit overrated coming into the pro scene after winning Aosta and now maybe l'Avenir.

Def not a coincidence, but let's be honest. He won Aosta because of the *** up on stage 1 and if he wins here because of underperforming and crashing favorites and again an early break. Look, don't get me wrong. The guy is def talented but i do think he could be the "weakest" winner of the last couple of years here (climbing wise).

Reactions: F_Cance
Def not a coincidence, but let's be honest. He won Aosta because of the *** up on stage 1 and if he wins here because of underperforming and crashing favorites and again an early break. Look, don't get me wrong. The guy is def talented but i do think he could be the "weakest" winner of the last couple of years here (climbing wise).
He was the strongest or one of the three strongest in Aosta. The fact that the race was over before it began doesn't detract from that.

Anyway, Van Wilder is a bit pissed because he missed the break due to a mechanical / gear issue. Thinks he could have gone with them.

Sprint finish between Vansevenant and Tejada. Some idiot (official) who is on the road instead of behind the boarding, almost causes them to crash. Close finish:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pStnNwYgHUw

Vansevenant seems to go for the Mollema/Latour style.
View: https://www.facebook.com/tourdelavenircycliste/videos/466084010840062/

Seems like Van Wilder lost 2 to 3 minutes due to a blocked chain. He had to pull over right when the decisive break was formed. He had to chase the peloton.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS